Criteria for Following: How Mentors, Science Advisors, Admin Decide

• Thread starter gracy
  • Start date
In summary: They manipulate the relationships and connections between people based on their own criteria and algorithms. It's not always clear why someone chooses to follow someone else, but it could be for various reasons such as personal interest, reputation, or simply because they like them. In summary, the decision to follow someone is based on various factors and can have different meanings for different people.
gracy
How you mentors ,science advisors and admin decide who is capable of being followed by you.Because I have seen many mentors and science advisors following newcomers .I was just viewing D H profile than saw he was following BOB ENYART who has only sent 8 messages and with no likes (even D H )has not liked him but follows him.And I was also surprised to see admin following some very inconsistent members(Although he is not following anyone currently ).And there are many more examples.So,basically I wanted to know what are your criteria for following someone.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why does it matter? More generally, if A chooses to follow B, what difference does that make to C?

gracy said:
So,basically I wanted to know what are your criteria for following someone.
When you follow a member their posts are in your news feed and are highlighted in the online list. There can be infinite reasons. In the case of Bob Enyart, he is a fairly known science skeptic with a radio show.

gracy said:
And I was also surprised to see admin following some very inconsistent members

That's quite obvious - we have to keep track of those we see as potential troublemakers.

Likes dlgoff
Borek said:
That's quite obvious - we have to keep track of those we see as potential troublemakers.
Sometimes we just like the guy. I your case, i.e. knowing for "how many years?", likes don't need to be high priority. It wasn't too long I wonder if you were in my list and your weren't, but now are. I'm having a hard time understand what I wrote; hope can get meaning.

Likes Borek
gracy said:
with no likes (even D H )has not liked him
That's what Facebook does to a person.

1. What is the purpose of criteria for following in science?

The purpose of criteria for following is to provide guidance and a set of standards for mentors, science advisors, and administrators to use when selecting and following individuals in the scientific field. This helps ensure that appropriate and qualified individuals are chosen for mentorship, collaboration, and leadership roles.

2. Who sets the criteria for following in science?

The criteria for following in science is typically established by professional organizations, universities, and funding agencies. These entities work together to develop standards and guidelines that reflect the values and goals of the scientific community.

3. How is the criteria for following in science determined?

The criteria for following in science is determined through a collaborative process that involves input from experts in the field, stakeholders, and the broader scientific community. It may also involve reviewing existing criteria and making updates or revisions based on current trends and needs in the scientific community.

4. What are some common criteria for following in science?

Some common criteria for following in science include academic achievements, research experience and productivity, leadership qualities, collaboration skills, and ethical conduct. Other factors may include diversity and inclusivity, mentorship experience, and contributions to the scientific community.

5. How are the criteria for following applied in practice?

The criteria for following in science are applied in practice by mentors, science advisors, and administrators when selecting individuals for mentorship, collaboration, and leadership roles. These criteria may also be used during evaluations and decision-making processes related to funding, promotions, and awards in the scientific field.