Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Criteria for following

1. Apr 12, 2015 #1
    How you mentors ,science advisors and admin decide who is capable of being followed by you.Because I have seen many mentors and science advisors following newcomers .I was just viewing D H profile than saw he was following BOB ENYART who has only sent 8 messages and with no likes (even D H )has not liked him but follows him.And I was also surprised to see admin following some very inconsistent members(Although he is not following anyone currently ).And there are many more examples.So,basically I wanted to know what are your criteria for following someone.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2015 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Why does it matter? More generally, if A chooses to follow B, what difference does that make to C?

4. Apr 12, 2015 #3
    When you follow a member their posts are in your news feed and are highlighted in the online list. There can be infinite reasons. In the case of Bob Enyart, he is a fairly known science skeptic with a radio show.

5. Apr 12, 2015 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

That's quite obvious - we have to keep track of those we see as potential troublemakers.

6. Apr 12, 2015 #5

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sometimes we just like the guy. I your case, i.e. knowing for "how many years?", likes don't need to be high priority. It wasn't too long I wonder if you were in my list and your weren't, but now are. I'm having a hard time understand what I wrote; hope can get meaning.

7. Apr 13, 2015 #6
    That's what Facebook does to a person.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook