Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Crystal Lattice Structures

1. May 3, 2005 #1
    Hello, my name is Kenichi, from japan.
    Inorder to draw Crystal Lattice 3D Structures, what libraries for free out there to be used with C programming language ? I am still a C novice.
    I wonder, in chemical simulation research do you also program using C language plus some libraries to drawing, modeling etc.

I used to hear of opengl, and i tried it too, but i could only draw 2 3d spheres with no bond because i don't know how to draw a bond :blushing:, and it really took me a lot of time, perhaps even much much more if i wanted to complete the whole structure of a crystal compound.

Also, some people advise me to use windows programming, but i think this is like crazy because windows programming needs me to code much logner than opengl. is it correct ?

What should i do now, please advice me. I need urgently help from you on how to modelling a movable chemical compound in 3d space.

Thank you.

-Kenichi Taro

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2005 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?