Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Current issues faced by the aerospace industry

1. May 3, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to learn about the issues that the aerospace industry is currently facing. Could anyone please help me in this regard. I searched on the internet but could not find a proper web site that explained this. So I thought this forum was the right place to ask about this. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2015 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's a lot of territory to cover. It would help some if you could narrow the list of "issues" in which you are interested.

For example: airplanes or spacecraft; military or commercial aviation; manned aircraft, satellites, unmanned aircraft/drones; design, production, employment opportunities; passenger aircraft or cargo aircraft; propulsion, structures, etc.

There are myriad issues facing any complex, technical industry. Staying focused in your search will help you uncover relevant information.

4. May 3, 2015 #3
    I was mainly looking for issues being faced by the commercial aviation and the spacecraft industry.

5. May 4, 2015 #4
    Hate to break your bubble, most of the issues are in hardware for now. The area that is blooming though is hypersonics and combustion.

6. May 12, 2015 #5
    sorry to interrupt...could anyone help me about the issues concerned with manned aircraft??

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  7. Jul 11, 2015 #6
    I have a doubt regarding the space debris problem, since we know that artificial satellites deorbit and fall down over time if allowed to , space debris are also essentially "artificial satellites " right ? Why don't they just fall down after some time ?why do we talk about the space debris problem ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook