1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Current to voltage conterter and voltage to current converter

1. Sep 13, 2006 #1
    i have a problem to make a voltage to current converter circuit and current to voltage converter circuit. does anyone have an example the circuit is? thanks...

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Well, a resistor is a current to voltage converter and a voltage to current converter. What is the context of your assignment? Do you want to use opamps, or discrete transistors, or something else? What are your thoughts so far on how to accomplish these converter circuits?

4. Sep 14, 2006 #3
    i have to make a converter which is use in vibration measurement. in vibration measurement, output is voltage, and i want to make devices that can convert voltage from vibration measurement to current. but i don't know how to make the circuits? do you have an example the circuit of that devices?
    sorry my english is bad...
    thanks....

5. Sep 14, 2006 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Okay, we can probably suggest a simple opamp circuit for you. What do you want to do with the current? Will it just flow through some load to ground? What power supply rails do you have available? What is the range of the voltage that is output from your sensor, and what is it's output impedance?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?