Currently my class it calculating volumes of solids by rotating them

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Miike012
Messages
1,009
Reaction score
0
Currently my class it calculating volumes of solids by rotating them about some axis, say for instance the function f(x) = x^2 bounded by s = { (x,y) | 0≤x≤1 , 0≤y≤1} and rotating it about the y - axis. I understand the general look of the graph on paper but I can't visualize the actual solid, for instance is it solid all the way through? or is it hallow? anyways.. is there software that can draw 3d pics so I can see what the figure looks like?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


That there might help you a bit.

I know its a CAD program but you might pick up what's going on it.

 
Last edited by a moderator: