Curvilinear Motion with nonconstant acceleration

• Thread starter Auburn2017
  • Start date

Homework Statement

Please refer to both figures. One has a picture and the other is the actual problem. Ignore the pencil writing on the figure as it was for a separate problem.

Homework Equations

aB+aA/B=aA
vB+vA/B=vA
an=v2r

The Attempt at a Solution

I am actually really at a lost at the moment. know both the tangential and normal acceleration of point B. I also obviously know the velocity at point B. I'm not sure what to do with the acceleration that is given. If I could get a voltage from that then I feel like I could possibly solve this problem.

Attachments

Answers and Replies

jambaugh
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
You know the acceleration of B? Then as the problem gives you the relative acceleration A relative to B you at B's acceler to get A's gross acceleration. Knowing this and knowing the normal component must correspond to A's centripetal acceleration you can solve for the angular velocity. Likewise taking the tangential component that will give you the change in speed since it's acceleration in the direction of motion.

Likes Auburn2017
You know the acceleration of B? Then as the problem gives you the relative acceleration A relative to B you at B's acceler to get A's gross acceleration. Knowing this and knowing the normal component must correspond to A's centripetal acceleration you can solve for the angular velocity. Likewise taking the tangential component that will give you the change in speed since it's acceleration in the direction of motion.
thank you. I solved it!