Cut the end of my right index finger

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cut Index
In summary, the person sustained a paper cut on their right index finger and is now having difficulty using the computer mouse and typing. They mention it as the worst injury for a geek and someone suggests using their other hand. The cause of the injury is unknown, but the person hints at it being related to opening a package from Amazon.
Smurf
I have sustained the worst injury known to geekhood. I have cut the end of my right index finger. Mouse-clicking has become a monumental task, comparable to scaling everest. :mad::mad::cry::cry::mad::mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
I have sustained the worst injury known to geekhood. I have cut the end of my right index finger. Mouse-clicking has become a monumental task, comparable to scaling everest. :mad::mad::cry::cry::mad::mad:

I assume you mentioned "geekhood" because of the way this happened. Are you going to share it with us? :confused::smile:

Paper cut.

I bet.

Opening the package from Amazon.

radou said:
I assume you mentioned "geekhood" because of the way this happened. Are you going to share it with us? :confused::smile:

*sigh* warhammer. :blushing:

So what's the problem? Just use your other hand. :rolleyes:

Danger said:
So what's the problem? Just use your other hand. :rolleyes:

For using the mouse and typing. I guess this would be the downfall of Smurf.

Edit: but I'm still curious about how this happened.

1. What should I do if I accidentally cut the end of my right index finger?

If the cut is deep and bleeding heavily, you should apply pressure to stop the bleeding and seek medical attention immediately. If the cut is minor, you can clean it with soap and water and cover it with a bandage.

2. How long will it take for my cut to heal?

The healing time for a cut on the finger depends on the severity of the cut and how well you take care of it. Generally, a cut can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to heal completely. Keeping the wound clean and covered can help speed up the healing process.

3. Will there be any scarring?

If the cut is deep and requires stitches, there is a higher chance of scarring. However, keeping the wound clean and following proper wound care instructions can help minimize scarring. You can also use scar creams or oils to help reduce the appearance of scars.

4. Should I be worried about infection?

Any cut has the potential to become infected, but the risk can be minimized by keeping the wound clean and covered. Signs of infection include redness, swelling, warmth, and pus. If you notice any of these symptoms, seek medical attention.

5. Will I lose sensation in my finger?

If the cut is shallow and does not affect any nerves, you should not lose sensation in your finger. However, if the cut is deep and damages nerves, you may experience numbness or tingling in that area. In severe cases, surgery may be needed to repair the damaged nerves.