Dangerous Behaviors to Avoid: A Guide

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, if you are going to meet with a werewolf, make sure to do so on a full moon so you are not harmed. Also, be careful with skateboarding tricks and jumping out of planes--both of which are risky activities.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What would you consider as dangerous, rule out as some thing you would not do.

Physics news on Phys.org
Would not have a meeting with a werewolf on a full moon.

97% of the skateboard tricks I've seen. There are painful videos all over the Internet.

Climbing skyscrapers.

Filling out a job application at AIG.

Redbelly98 said:
Go skydiving AGAIN.

Did you bust some thing

Walking out in my backyard.

I'm thinking that being Woolie's dustman would be rather frightening.

Lacy33 said:
Would not have a meeting with a werewolf on a full moon.

Would you meet with one here on earth?

This is something that I would love to do, but know better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66qW7kBVnM

What god do Hawaiians attribute for the Wave! I don't believe even Jaws would survive that swell. My cheap Bose speakers handled the onslaught though.

killing Nemesis with a knife

Kiss a cobra on its hood.

Charmers do it. And some crazy person on discovery channel did it with a king cobra.

Redbelly98 said:
Go skydiving AGAIN.

wolram said:
Did you bust some thing

Thankfully, no.

I actually jumped about 12 times. The last two of those were supposed to be 10 seconds of freefall, then pull the ripcord. But I'd go into a spin during the freefall and have to pop the chute early before getting totally out of control. Seeing that I really wasn't in control mentally (a point made very clear to me by the skydiving instructor), I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Oddly, every once in a while I'll dream that I have taken up skydiving again. But no, it's not going to happen.

Last edited:
A few summers back, I was waiting in line to go para-sailing. I was a little bit scared and began talking to the lady ahead of me. She assured me that it was fun and some what safe, after all, she had done it many times.
I was really getting brave now, as I watched everyone enjoying them selfs. Next up, the lady ahead of me. She stumbles, and yells something, they don't stop, they drag her face first across the sand, other people are now yelling, they still don't stop. Into the water she goes, and it looks like she is trying to get the harness off, she is really struggling. Finally the boat driver stops, scoops the lady out of the water and brings her ashore.
After getting her out of the harness, and shooing her off{dazed and bleeding}, they ask "Who's next"? I, of course, did the right thing. Slowly taking steps backwards {never show your back to that which about to kill you}, while pointing to different people and saying, I think they are next.

My wife's husband. The cooking is to die for.

Loren Booda said:
What god do Hawaiians attribute for the Wave! I don't believe even Jaws would survive that swell. My cheap Bose speakers handled the onslaught though.

Assuming that it's like many places in Hawaii, what we can't see is the razor-sharp coral just a few feet below. Either way, going down at the wrong time on wave like that is very very bad. I've been on a wave about a third [maybe nearly half] that size and it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Almost died when I tried to catch the next one, so I decided that one was enough.

If you watch closely, you can see the blast of wind from the break nearly blow him off the board. As the break begins to catch him, you see him get hit by it.

Last edited:
It's usually too late by the time I rule it out. For example, I don't think I'll eat habanero peppers again.

skiing, trying to swim across a large deep body of water, jumping out of a plane, going hiking to somewhere dangerous that is above sea level, skateboarding tricks, and on and on and on.

I'm not a risk taker or someone who likes to do activities which include risks.

Huckleberry said:
It's usually too late by the time I rule it out. For example, I don't think I'll eat habanero peppers again.
Wimp! What's a Ballpark Frank without habanero relish and horseradish mustard? If your scalp isn't sweaty, you didn't put on enough relish.

Danger said:
I'm thinking that being Woolie's dustman would be rather frightening.

I put a big rock in it to stop it blowing around and the bin men pinched it, after several goes at the same, i am running out of big rocks.

wolram said:
I put a big rock in it to stop it blowing around

Geez, my mother used to do that! Ten kilos of rocks, plus the garbage, and then expect me to carry it down the driveway. :rolleyes:

Danger said:
Geez, my mother used to do that! Ten kilos of rocks, plus the garbage, and then expect me to carry it down the driveway. :rolleyes:
My mother used to rock me to sleep. Ouch!

turbo-1 said:
My mother used to rock me to sleep. Ouch!

Mine too, until I got smart enough to hide her rock.

Glass eating, bear bating, the usual.

Running with the bulls in Pamplona.

Redbelly98 said:
Running with the bulls in Pamplona.
Running with scissors in the hall-way.

Add opening high level cupboard doors, one came off and near crowned me.

hypatia said:
A few summers back, I was waiting in line to go para-sailing. ... After getting her out of the harness, and shooing her off{dazed and bleeding}, they ask "Who's next"? I, of course, did the right thing. Slowly taking steps backwards {never show your back to that which about to kill you}, while pointing to different people and saying, I think they are next.

Wow, Hypatia, scubafighting octies, paradragging. :cool::tongue2:

Parasailing is part of pilot dinghy drill. To have it real safe you need 5 people assisting, which in the military is no problem. In a case like this the observer in the boat would have cut the lines, while the team captain on the shore would have run to the victim and prevent further mishap.

I really want to try skydiving.

I also want to try that skiing where you jump off a cliff with a parachute.

Huckleberry said:

Typical Oregonian - a capsaicin wimp. :biggrin:

When we first moved here, the hottest salsa sold locally was La Victoria medium. :rolleyes:

Ivan Seeking said:
Typical Oregonian - a capsaicin wimp. :biggrin:

When we first moved here, the hottest salsa sold locally was La Victoria medium. :rolleyes:

I am waiting for some of these to be available here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Jolokia_pepper

wolram said:

wiki said:
In northeastern India the peppers are smeared on fences or used in smoke bombs as a safety precaution to keep wild elephants at a distance.
It seems to be working.

wolram said:
You can try growing some Caribbean Reds, Woolie. I think they are called that because the name Red Savina is proprietary. They are 'way hotter than typical habaneros. I used to tell people that only three people eat my habanero relish - my organic-gardening neighbor, my brother and me. I may have to revise that list downward because neither my neighbor nor my brother have asked for another jar, though they seem to like my salsas and jalapeno/cayenne relishes well enough. If Astronuc shows up this summer, we'll see if the list can be doubled in size to 2 people.

wolram said:
What would you consider as dangerous, rule out as some thing you would not do.

I’ll never again attempt to physically separate two wild cats that are fighting.

ViewsofMars said:
I’ll never again attempt to physically separate two wild cats that are fighting.

And after 20 years working the bars, I'll never again attempt to physically separate two drunk women who are fighting.

Last edited: