Daves insanity hot ghost peper sauce.

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot
In summary: I might try that sometime.Thanks Evo, i have book marked that page, there are some items i am not sure i can find in the UK, I will have to check out some shops.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I had some of this given to me as an exmas present, and i can tell you it is hot, what i need is a recipe that i can include it in, any ideas welcomed .

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I had some of this given to me as an exmas present, and i can tell you it is hot, what i need is a recipe that i can include it in, any ideas welcomed .

Too funny! I got some from my nephew.

what else? chili!

fourier jr said:
what else? chili!

Yes but how to make it, i need a recipe.

Ivan Seeking said:
Too funny! I got some from my nephew.

Have you tried it yet Ivan, if you have i think you will agree that it is hot.

wolram said:

Not yet. I was waiting until the next time I make nachos.

I have eaten peppers with the same scoville value, but it was painful.

Will some one please give me a recipe, i am fed up just scraping this sauce on cheese straws and pork pies.

- slice bacon into smallish (0.5-1.0cm) strips & fry in heavy pot, or alternatively just pour some oil in
- add diced onion, carrot, celery, mushed garlic & any number of chiles your store has, in any amount. cook until onions go clear (~10mins)
- add maybe 1-1.5lb (450-600g) ground beef & cook until it loses its raw red colour (not necessary to brown)
- add spice mix like chili powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, cayenne, chipotle powder, etc
- add 796g can of diced tomatoes & 400ml can crushed tomatoes, 12oz (~330ml) bottle of IPA (or any sort of bitter), corn from 2 grilled corncobs, at least a couple tablespoons of http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/garlic.htm & any amount of ANY KIND OF HOT SAUCE :wink:
- simmer (occasional bubble here & there) for 3-4hrs, stir occasionally. add water if necessary

Last edited:
wolram said:

This is the first time I heard someone asking for a hot sauce recipe.

I will take it with anything I have for dinner or lunch or breakfast.

Egg and cheese, any other sandwich, pizza, lasagna, noodles, chicken, beef, pork, mcdonald/kfc burgers, anything! :!)

These are all award winning Wolram. You might like this chili, but you can browse from the winners. And you can add your pepper sauce to taste.

http://www.chili.org/yahoo.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
These are all award winning Wolram. You might like this chili, but you can browse from the winners. And you can add your pepper sauce to taste.

http://www.chili.org/yahoo.html

Thanks Evo, i have book marked that page, there are some items i am not sure i can find in the UK, I will have to check out some shops.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
sliced onion
minced beef(low fat or previously fried with fat poured away)
sliced mushrooms(optional)
sliced green pepper(optional)
can of tomatoes
seasoning
pepper sauce
oil

1.Fry onion until it starts to brown
2.Add mushrooms and pepper and fry for a few more minutes.
3.Add minced beef and enough of the canned tomatoes to cover.
4.Add seasoning and hot sauce according to taste.
5.Simmer until pepper starts to soften.
This quick and easy recipe goes well with jacket potatoes and salad or with rice.
Choose portion sizes according to your appetite.It freezes well.

Dadface said:
sliced onion
minced beef(low fat or previously fried with fat poured away)
sliced mushrooms(optional)
sliced green pepper(optional)
can of tomatoes
seasoning
pepper sauce
oil

1.Fry onion until it starts to brown
2.Add mushrooms and pepper and fry for a few more minutes.
3.Add minced beef and enough of the canned tomatoes to cover.
4.Add seasoning and hot sauce according to taste.
5.Simmer until pepper starts to soften.
This quick and easy recipe goes well with jacket potatoes and salad or with rice.
Choose portion sizes according to your appetite.It freezes well.

thanks Dadface, this is up to my skill level, though i might substitute the mushroom for chili beans.

wolram said:
... this is up to my skill level, though i might substitute the mushroom for chili beans.
The secret to making perfect tasting chilli (to your taste buds) is to experiment a little. I always make large batches to make several meals. As I'm using it, I will sometimes add other goodies to the bowel then heat by microwave for added tastes. e.g. cheese, extra onions, bell peppers, or ghost peppers (thanks rhody).

dlgoff said:
The secret to making perfect tasting chilli (to your taste buds) is to experiment a little. I always make large batches to make several meals. As I'm using it, I will sometimes add other goodies to the bowel then heat by microwave for added tastes. e.g. cheese, extra onions, bell peppers, or ghost peppers (thanks rhody).
That sounds quite uncomfortable.

turbo said:

:rofl:
Nice catch!
I only hope that it was a typo... :uhh:

As for recipes, leave us not forget my most renowned invention: Aftershock! That is 1/2 tequila, 1/2 red Sourpuss, and 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Tabasco. (Ask Dave... :devil:) It seems that a few drops of your stuff would make up for the Tabasco. What the hey... it's worth trying.

Last edited:
turbo said:

:rofl: Well, the goodies do end up there. And yea, nice catch.

Danger said:
:rofl:
Nice catch!
I only hope that it was a typo... :uhh:

As for recipes, leave us not forget my most renowned invention: Aftershock! That is 1/2 tequila, 1/2 red Sourpuss, and 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Tabasco. (Ask Dave... :devil:) It seems that a few drops of your stuff would make up for the Tabasco. What the hey... it's worth trying.

I think you should substitute either more tequila or more hot sauce for the red sourpuss

fourier jr said:
I think you should substitute either more tequila or more hot sauce for the red sourpuss
No! :eek:
I love Sourpuss. (The beverage, I mean; nothing to do with yeast infections... :yuck:)

wolram said:

Ivan Seeking said:
Not yet. I was waiting until the next time I make nachos.

I have eaten peppers with the same scoville value, but it was painful.

Okay, it wasn't THAT bad. It's a notch up from Tobasco but not nearly as much as one would expect based on the scoville value. And for me, at 5K, Tobasco is fairly mild, so I guess 180K isn't so hot after all. It certainly isn't 36X hotter than Tobasco in the sense that one would expect. As a subjective measure, I would say it's more like twice as hot as Tobasco.

Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, it wasn't THAT bad. It's a notch up from Tobasco but not nearly as much as one would expect based on the scoville value. And for me, at 5K, Tobasco is fairly mild, so I guess 180K isn't so hot after all. It certainly isn't 36X hotter than Tobasco in the sense that one would expect. As a subjective measure, I would say it's more like twice as hot as Tobasco.
It's quite a relative thing, Ivan. I am the only one who will use my habanero chili relish as a condiment, after my neighbor and brother declined because "it's too hot!". Still, the wimpy stuff that I have been able to produce in recent years doesn't begin to compare to the relish that I could make when I had a large mostly-ripe crop. I honed the recipe back when I had to rely on store-bought chilies, and for a couple of magical years after buying this place the relishes were killer.

I once accidentally ate a pepper in a Chinese dish that isn't supposed to be eaten. That thing actually felt like a knife cutting my tongue! There is no way I could eat those for more than show. But I have eaten habaneros many times. They are generally hotter than I prefer but not beyond my limit.

1. What is Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce?

Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce is a hot sauce made with ghost peppers, also known as Bhut Jolokia peppers, which are one of the hottest peppers in the world. It is known for its intense heat and spicy flavor.

2. How hot is Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce?

Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce has a rating of over 1 million Scoville heat units, making it extremely hot. It is not recommended for those who are sensitive to spicy foods.

3. What are the ingredients in Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce?

The main ingredients in Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce are ghost peppers, vinegar, and various spices. It may also contain other ingredients such as garlic, onion, and salt.

4. How should I use Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce?

Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce is best used as a condiment or added to dishes sparingly for an extra kick of heat. It is not recommended to consume it on its own as it is extremely spicy.

5. Is Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce safe to consume?

While Daves Insanity Hot Ghost Pepper Sauce is safe to consume in small amounts, it is not recommended for those with a low tolerance for spicy foods. It is important to use caution when consuming this hot sauce and to keep it away from children and pets.