Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

David vs Goliath - Business

1. May 6, 2007 #1

Staff: Mentor

TerraCycle sued by Scotts Miracle-Gro
    TerraCycle's test data are considered proprietary. If Rutger's U did an independent test, that should be good enough. Both parties can have an independent arbitor do an independent test.

I just don't see that the two products packaging looks alike.
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2007 #2
    They are using as an excuse to wipe out the eco-friendly competition because they know people will naturally go for the 'good for the environment' brands since everyones all hyped up over the environment now
  4. May 6, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good for TerraCycle! They must be making a difference if Scotts is worried.
  5. May 6, 2007 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Very possible. Even without much of a case, they could be hoping that just the legal costs alone will put the small company out of business before they ever have a chance to become bigger competition.
  6. May 6, 2007 #5

Gold Member

I can see the TerraCycle bottle getting confused for Lipton's Ice Tea, but certainly not the other bottle in that picture. :rolleyes:
  7. May 6, 2007 #6

Staff: Mentor

I know Miracle Gro works & I will continue to use it, but the lawsuit is ridiculous.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?