1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

David vs Goliath - Business

1. May 6, 2007 #1

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

TerraCycle sued by Scotts Miracle-Gro
    TerraCycle's test data are considered proprietary. If Rutger's U did an independent test, that should be good enough. Both parties can have an independent arbitor do an independent test.

I just don't see that the two products packaging looks alike.
    http://www.suedbyscotts.com/uploaded_images/MC-comparison-780432.gif

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2007 #2
    They are using as an excuse to wipe out the eco-friendly competition because they know people will naturally go for the 'good for the environment' brands since everyones all hyped up over the environment now

4. May 6, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good for TerraCycle! They must be making a difference if Scotts is worried.

5. May 6, 2007 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Very possible. Even without much of a case, they could be hoping that just the legal costs alone will put the small company out of business before they ever have a chance to become bigger competition.

6. May 6, 2007 #5

Danger

Gold Member

I can see the TerraCycle bottle getting confused for Lipton's Ice Tea, but certainly not the other bottle in that picture. :rolleyes:

7. May 6, 2007 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I know Miracle Gro works & I will continue to use it, but the lawsuit is ridiculous.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?