Debunking A Cult's Version of History on the Quantum Level

In summary, the Desteni cult is a group of people who believe in a past where the Annunaki created humans to mine gold. They claim that this process is still going on in some alternate dimension, and that they have a way to free people from it. However, there is nothing to back up any of their claims.
ThomDarc
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I need some help.

On youtube, there is a cult known as Desteni which is spreading wild stories about the past. At first their claims are quite laughable. However many people are joining this group and taking them seriously. The Cult Education Forum has started this thread on them:

http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?12,62042,page=1"

I've been working with others to try and debunk some if not all of their claims. The cult's story concerning history goes in summary as follows:

A long time ago there were various races living in the galaxy and universe. One race known as the Annunaki needed gold (for some reason) to survive. However, they exhausted all of this material from the universe. Then Anu (leader of the Annunaki) went to this other race called the Atlanteans. Somehow the Atlanteans could artificially produce gold at the center of the Earth. However, Anu did not want his race to have to extract the gold themselves. So he designed human bodies from the cell level up. He then trapped the Atlantean's souls or spirits in the human bodies. Anu made the human bodies specifically to mine gold from the earth. Anu then created another dimension where souls of the deceased humans/Atlanteans would go after death before returning through reincarnation. Anu preprogrammed all of our thoughts and emotions in order to trap us here in the prisons of our minds. The Desteni cult claims that it offers the method to free one from this entrapment which occurred millions of years in the past.

I tried debunking these wild stories through using reason and objectivity. I tried to show how HgMn stars reveal that gold still exists in other regions of the universe. I argued that humans are pitiful machines if our sole purpose was to mine gold. I argued against the crazy idea that this Anu created reincarnation and other dimensions. My full critique of their insane story can be found here:

http://paladins-pub.livejournal.com/5662.html"

Alas, when I revealed these thing to one of their more polite members of this cult, his response was as follows:

according to desteni, the dimensional existence operates on "quantum time" which does not translate into the linear progression we consider "time" to be and the universe was existing as a non-physical reality- wherein the current laws of physics do not apply.

I understand that many here will laugh at what these people are claiming but please bear with me as this group is drawing in many disillusioned young people. I'm not an expert in quantum physics or even the Many Worlds Theory. My question is this: Is any of the above story even remotely possible on some quantum or alternative universe level?

Thank you for any assistance that can be provided in this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
Few if any of the claims are either provable or disprovable. There is nothing to debunk. That's the whole point of a cult!

Sorry, we don't address crackpot theories.

1. What is the purpose of debunking a cult's version of history on the quantum level?

The purpose of debunking a cult's version of history on the quantum level is to examine and challenge the accuracy and validity of their claims and beliefs. By using scientific evidence and principles, it aims to provide a more objective and fact-based understanding of historical events and phenomena.

2. How does quantum physics relate to a cult's version of history?

Quantum physics is a branch of science that studies the behavior and interactions of particles on a subatomic level. Some cults may use misinterpretations or false claims about quantum physics to support their version of history, leading to a distorted understanding of events and concepts.

3. Can debunking a cult's version of history on the quantum level change their beliefs?

It is possible that debunking a cult's version of history on the quantum level can challenge their beliefs and lead to a reevaluation of their understanding. However, it ultimately depends on the individual and their willingness to accept new information and perspectives.

4. How can debunking a cult's version of history on the quantum level be done scientifically?

Debunking a cult's version of history on the quantum level can be done scientifically by examining the evidence and applying scientific principles and methods to evaluate the validity of their claims. This may include conducting experiments, analyzing data, and consulting with other experts in the field.

5. Is it important to debunk a cult's version of history on the quantum level?

Yes, it is important to debunk a cult's version of history on the quantum level as it promotes critical thinking and discourages the spread of misinformation and false beliefs. It also allows for a more accurate understanding of historical events and discourages the manipulation and exploitation of individuals by cults.