Derivation of Faraday's Law of Induction?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
iScience
Messages
466
Reaction score
5
I was wondering if someone could show me the derivation of Faraday's Law of induction from the more fundamental Lorentz Force.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, I saw this earlier when looking for the answer myself. I'd hate to be picky, but I'm looking for a derivation starting from the ground (Lorentz) up while the proof on wiki was more of a.. plug and chug.

the page refers to some other approaches but the two available ones both start with faraday going backwards.-----------

originally i was looking at a speaker coil and applied the RH rule just out of habit, then i noticed the direction of force predicted by the Lorentz's Law wasn't what was happening. since the Lorentz law is more fundamental i wanted to explain faraday's with it.