Derren Brown's "Science of Attraction"

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Attraction
In summary, Hypnotist Derren Brown has created a series of videos called "Science of Attraction" and one example worth watching is where he shows two groups of girls the same dating video of a man. However, in one video, the man's tone is upbeat and enthusiastic, while in the other it is cynical and negative, demonstrating the power of presentation in attractiveness. This is similar to comedian Eddie Izzard's rendition of the US anthem, highlighting the importance of how something is done rather than what is being done.
zoobyshoe
Mentalist/hypnotist Derren Brown has apparently made a series of videos called "Science of Attraction." I thought this example here was worth watching.

Two separate groups of girls are shown a dating video of one guy. He say exactly the same words in both videos, but, in fact, they are two distinct 'performances." In one, his tone is upbeat and enthusiastic, in the other, more cynical and negative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VwPREpWleA

I'm not sure this actually illustrates the Halo Effect very well, but it does illustrate that, when it comes to attractiveness, the way you do something is sometimes more important than what you do.

Physics news on Phys.org
Brown is a cool guy.

This particular video reminded me of Eddie Izzard's rendition of US anthem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwpuJoIvMyA

1. What is "Derren Brown's Science of Attraction"?

"Derren Brown's Science of Attraction" is a television show where illusionist and mentalist Derren Brown uses psychological techniques and experiments to explore the science behind attraction and human behavior.

2. Is "Derren Brown's Science of Attraction" based on actual science?

Yes, the show is based on scientific research and studies in the fields of psychology and human behavior. Brown also consults with experts in these fields to ensure the accuracy of the experiments and demonstrations.

3. Can watching "Derren Brown's Science of Attraction" help me improve my own relationships?

The show is primarily for entertainment purposes and should not be used as a guide for improving relationships. However, some of the principles and concepts explored in the show may offer insights into human behavior and attraction.

4. How does "Derren Brown's Science of Attraction" differ from other reality TV shows about relationships?

Unlike other reality TV shows, "Derren Brown's Science of Attraction" focuses on the science behind attraction rather than drama or entertainment. The show also includes experiments and demonstrations rather than personal stories and relationships.

5. Is "Derren Brown's Science of Attraction" appropriate for all ages?

The show may contain mature themes and language, so it is recommended for viewers 18 years and older. Parents should use their discretion when deciding if the show is appropriate for younger viewers.