Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

DFB Laser

1. Sep 25, 2011 #1
    Hey...
    I want to consider my research work on DFB laser as Sensor applicstions.
    I need to write a Research proposal on this topics. DFB Laser/DFB Fiber Laser as sensor for Hydrophone, Accelerometer, Seismic operation, Aerodynamics sensor, Flow control, Humidity Control, Temperature control, Pressure control...e.t.c

Can anyone help me to write a proposal. Please give me Any kind of idea or suggestion, Which line should i go.

Thanks in advance..

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2011 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Maybe you could educate us some first on distributed feedback lasers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_feedback_laser

When are they used, and what are their advantages/disadvantages? We won't write your proposal for you, but if you show some effort, maybe we can offer some suggestions.

4. Sep 27, 2011 #3
    Thanks for your reply...

I studied a lot about this topics. There is two field i want to go.
    1. Improve vibration and strain sensitivity of DFB-Fl based Accelerometer sensor array.
    2.Improve Efficiency of DFB-FL base hydrophone sensor array.

so, the fact is that how can i improve MZI optimization to increase efficiency of Hydrophone sensor array. another thing is how can i reduce RIN and increase relaxation oscillation as noise doesnt increase..
    Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook