1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

DFB Laser

1. Sep 25, 2011 #1
    Hey...
    I want to consider my research work on DFB laser as Sensor applicstions.
    I need to write a Research proposal on this topics. DFB Laser/DFB Fiber Laser as sensor for Hydrophone, Accelerometer, Seismic operation, Aerodynamics sensor, Flow control, Humidity Control, Temperature control, Pressure control...e.t.c

Can anyone help me to write a proposal. Please give me Any kind of idea or suggestion, Which line should i go.

Thanks in advance..

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2011 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Maybe you could educate us some first on distributed feedback lasers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_feedback_laser

When are they used, and what are their advantages/disadvantages? We won't write your proposal for you, but if you show some effort, maybe we can offer some suggestions.

4. Sep 27, 2011 #3
    Thanks for your reply...

I studied a lot about this topics. There is two field i want to go.
    1. Improve vibration and strain sensitivity of DFB-Fl based Accelerometer sensor array.
    2.Improve Efficiency of DFB-FL base hydrophone sensor array.

so, the fact is that how can i improve MZI optimization to increase efficiency of Hydrophone sensor array. another thing is how can i reduce RIN and increase relaxation oscillation as noise doesnt increase..
    Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook