Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Did Antonio Salieri Kill Mozart ?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. NO

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. What the hell is this about ???

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Feb 12, 2005 #1
    Did Antonio Salieri Kill Mozart ???

Well, did he ?

If you want to know the real deal, check out this text :

https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?s=&journalid=13790&action=view

ps : i have included a website from CALTECH, which also explains the words in my signature...This is for for those, who do not "speak" :bugeye: Latin

regards
    marlon

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2005 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

No, he did not.

4. Feb 12, 2005 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Since the facts are prescribed and the one responsible (if any) cannot be punished,there's no point in discussing it...

Daniel.

5. Feb 12, 2005 #4
    no they are NOT

:rofl: sighs, was that the intention ??? :rolleyes:

Then don't...

marlon

6. Feb 12, 2005 #5

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Pardon my ignorance,but i thought the period of prescribing a criminal act was waaaaaaaaay less than 300 years...
    Wouldn't that mean to trial Romulus for killing Remus and convict him to hard labor for life,AFTER LIFE...???

Daniel.

7. Feb 12, 2005 #6

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

I saw the movie, he definitely killed Mozart. But since he too is now dead, I doubt a trial would be meaningful.

8. Feb 12, 2005 #7
    Who said anything about a trial ???

You brought that up, I didn't...

Look, just vote and shut up...

marlon :zzz:

9. Feb 12, 2005 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

You can put the blame on his upbringing. His foster-mother was a bitkh, after all..:wink:
    (I had to substitute a "k" for a "c", due to PF censorship)

10. Feb 12, 2005 #9
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

marlon :rofl:

11. Feb 12, 2005 #10
    You are funny dude. :rofl:
    The movie is not very accurate. I think Mozart killed himself, through is own craziness. But in sens, since Salieri dreamt about being Mozart, we could consider Salieri was the human incarnation of Mozart's craziness, so I voted "YES" :approve:

12. Feb 12, 2005 #11
    A hard core Mozart fan. Just the sort of person I like. :biggrin:

Even if Salieri drove Mozart to death it was Mozart's own fault to fall into debt, as most people believe he did. He lived in a child's world and was unable to grow up enough to take responsiblity for his money as his father was the one that normally did in his young. He didn't know when to say no to drink but his genious was about to blossom because of it. What we did get from Mozart was genious and only God knows what else we could have got from him.

The Bob (2004 ©)

13. Feb 12, 2005 #12
    Mozart was proven to suffer from mental illness, for sure. You cannot blame him with childish attitude, it was part of the symptoms. He would touch himself behind the piano shouting insanities. :surprised

But eh ! there was no genius like him so he could afford originality
    :biggrin:

14. Feb 12, 2005 #13

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Humanino,u never told us:"who's the chick with the dog"...?

Daniel.

15. Feb 12, 2005 #14
    My dream girl :biggrin:
    So she does love Mozart's requiem obviously :wink:

16. Feb 12, 2005 #15
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mozart was not mentally ill...he was just a bit , err, childish in nature

marlon

17. Feb 12, 2005 #16

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Amadeus was not historically accurate - the idea that saleri murdered Mozartcomes from a rumour started years after Mozart's death that Mozart claimed that Saleri attempted to poisoon him at an earlier stage.

The Movie also potrayed Mozart as child-like and giggling buffon which again was most ceratinly not the case. Also Mozart did not die in poverty up until his death as he still had a pretty substantial income even if he was given to overspending.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  18. Feb 14, 2005 #17

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I had a feeling the movie used "artistic licence" quite a bit. Also, marlon, I thought for sure I recognized at least that first line of Latin as being from the requiem when I first read your signature, but I don't know much about it.

19. Feb 14, 2005 #18
    You are right about my signature. read the last entry of my journal if you wanna know what it means.

Mozart was indeed not the childish buffon from Amadeus. In fact he was quite timide, often very weak and not very strong (his health, that is...)

The rumours about the attempt of Salieri to poison Mozart are also untrue according to my data. The situation with the requiem and Mozart's death is explained in my journal, more specific in the Caltech-website on Mozart...

marlon

20. Feb 14, 2005 #19
    It's all speculation Ladies and Gentlemen, Short of exhuming the body and looking for signs of mental illness and a myriad of other possibilities with the latest technology, this discussion is as usefull as pissing into the wind.

21. Feb 14, 2005 #20
    Sighs, once again, please take the effort to read the texts i am referring too. It is not the intention of this thread to answer back with useless posts on speculation , which are FALSE in nature. You should have realized that, if you had read the texts. Please, read before you answer and don't post obvious general truths that don't even apply here and that is why i said your answer is WRONG.

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?