Differential Equation homework help

In summary, if you want help with a homework assignment, you must post it in the appropriate forum. You must show that you have attempted to answer the question yourself before asking for help.
Mivg

Homework Statement

f(x) = [tex]\sum[/tex] [tex]\frac{9^{n}}{4n}[/tex] x[tex]^{2n}[/tex]

n=1, [tex]\infty[/tex] is on top of the summation sign.

Homework Equations

a) Use the Ratio Test to find the radius of convergence of the Power Series
b) Find f [tex]\grave{}[/tex](x) and write out the first three (non-zero) terms of the power series for f [tex]\grave{}[/tex](x)

Physics news on Phys.org
You've, erm, omitted a section of the posting template, haven't you?

3. Attempt at a solution.

Come on, this is an easy Calc II problem. A Diff Eq student should at least be able to start it.

I got part a no problem, but having trouble with part b.

Mivg said:
I got part a no problem, but having trouble with part b.
There's still no attempt at a solution...

Some help you guys are, thanks a bunch.

Sorry, apparently you've found the wrong website. You meant to post on http://www.wedoyourhomeworkforyou.com .

But if you want to continue to post here, you must abide by the rules that you explicitly agreed to before registering.

To refresh your memory:

Homework Help:
On posting questions: Any and all high school and undergraduate homework assignments or textbook style exercises for which you are seeking assistance are to be posted in the appropriate forum in our Homework & Coursework Questions area. This should be done whether or not the problem is part of one's coursework. The reason for this is that the scientific and mathematical sections of Physics Forums are to be reserved for discussions and not academic assistance. Since graduate level assignments are meant to be more thought provoking (and hence more worthy of discussion), graduate level questions will be allowed in the relevant part of the main section of PF, provided that the graduate student attempts the problem and shows his work. NOTE: You MUST show that you have attempted to answer your question in order to receive help. You MUST make use of the homework template, which automatically appears when a new topic is created in the homework help forums.

Color added for emphasis.

And hey, don't get mad at me. I don't write the rules here. Oh wait, yes I do...

Last edited by a moderator:

What is a differential equation?

A differential equation is a mathematical equation that describes how a quantity changes over time, based on its rate of change. It involves both dependent and independent variables, and their respective derivatives.

Why are differential equations important?

Differential equations are important in many fields of science and engineering, as they allow us to model and understand complex systems and processes. They are used in physics, chemistry, biology, economics, and many other areas to make predictions and solve real-world problems.

What are the different types of differential equations?

There are several types of differential equations, including ordinary differential equations (ODEs), partial differential equations (PDEs), and stochastic differential equations (SDEs). ODEs involve only one independent variable, while PDEs involve multiple independent variables. SDEs take into account random factors in addition to the independent variables.

How do I solve a differential equation?

The method for solving a differential equation depends on its type and complexity. Some can be solved analytically, using mathematical techniques such as separation of variables, substitution, or series solutions. Others may require numerical methods, such as Euler's method or Runge-Kutta methods.

What are some applications of differential equations?

Differential equations have many real-world applications, such as modeling population growth, predicting weather patterns, designing electrical circuits, and analyzing chemical reactions. They are also used in control systems, signal processing, and image processing.