Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do i need conuit for armored cable

1. Oct 7, 2011 #1
    Hi,

I am new to consulting business in India and wanted to know that if i use armored cable do i need to run it in conduit.
    I believe the whole reason of using armored cable is to avoid using any conduit.

thnx for ur help.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2011 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Any readers here from India and able to answer this? I'm sure it would be better to rely on a government source in India, since you are dealing with local safety regulations.

4. Oct 7, 2011 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

As NascentOxygen says, it depends on the application and on your local regulations. Especially if you are new to consulting, you probably should be looking to your local resources for answers like this, and not asking on a web forum...

5. Oct 7, 2011 #4

Averagesupernova

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My first thought would be do we run conduit inside of conduit? But you really need to be asking somewhere else, specifically in Inida. Good luck to you.

6. Oct 7, 2011 #5

psparky

Gold Member

In USA, China and Chile, armored cable is obviously run on cable ladder and the like.

Single conductors are used in conduits.

India I would expect the same....but better check your local code book.

7. Oct 7, 2011 #6

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've designed conduit runs between building and then pulled http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-buried_cable" [Broken] through them. It made the installation much easier; as you can put a lot more pulling force on them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook