Do we have souls?

I always love philosophi and I like to tell you that it might just be you . I have a soul I think a good soul for books, and I always read them with all my heart. Even after I die, I am still for books, I think. So, I can say my mind and my soul are quite close. If someone advertises my book, I must show at least my gratitude for him. It has been said so often that "no pain no gain" as a fact. That is also because book shapes my soul.

(Sorry, I just speak what I am thinking, if you think it is right then please offer me a good rate, I can feel how happy I am now)

I think I know who I am clearly...
I hear people say they have a heart instead of instead of a soul.
I only hear people say someone else is their soul never hear anyone says he is himself his soul. They love themselves though. I love myself too.

There is no definition of soul in Asia, only spirit or if any that should be a definition of "heart":
an open heart or a generous soul,
a pure heart or a pure soul,

I think "soul" is probably originated from the Christianity.

Please, where did you say what JoeDawg just said. Even looking beyond your very poor english I can't seem to locate this statement.

If you don't understand what I'm saying to you in my other posts... then just don't respond to me. Simple.

If one assumes that is possible in principle to define consciousness starting from the fundamental laws of physics, then it is hard to see how a particular consciousness could be tied down to a particular brain.
Why?

About death, we know that the fundamental laws of physics are time reversible. So, while in practice death is irreversible, using this practical irreversibility to construct a notion of consciousness will necessarily make that notion to be incomplete. Precisely when you discuss things like copying, that notion will fail to capture correctly what is going on.
Fundamental laws, like entropy?

baywax
Gold Member
A soul is supernatural explanation of mind/consciousness

I guess we need a definition of "supernatural" now.:smile:
Technically the word suggests something over and above nature.

I guess we need a definition of "supernatural" now.:smile:
Technically the word suggests something over and above nature.

The object of philosophy is not to define every single word. :smile:

The soul is an immaterial explanation of mind/bodily functions. Hence it is seperate from our material body.

baywax
Gold Member
The object of philosophy is not to define every single word. :smile:

Is this your own personal philosophy or do you have a reference for such a sweeping objective?

The soul is an immaterial explanation of mind/bodily functions. Hence it is seperate from our material body.

Do you have a reference for this definition or is this your personal description of a soul?