Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you hate canadia?

1. Yes, yes i do they are sub humand

1 vote(s)
  2. I really dont care about canada

3 vote(s)
  3. No....

2 vote(s)
  1. Jul 4, 2003 #1
    When you vote please post why...

I dont really know where hatred for canada came from but i know it seems to have grown much more apprant after that "south park" moive
    I personaly see no reason for canadia it is like libral america with more cultural understandings. People think backwoods Canada is canada but we would hate if we had some hick representing our country.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2003 #2
    I hate my own country (U.S.) alot - and am indifferent to canada. They are by far a much more advanced society than us - that is for dammed sure.
  4. Jul 5, 2003 #3
    I dont care about canada, but i definetly dont see eye to eye with someone that lives in canada.
  5. Jul 5, 2003 #4
    Canada is America's little brother just like the Netherlands is Germany's little brother. Except that America's litte brother is actually bigger *snip*
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2003
  6. Jul 5, 2003 #5

i just watched the south park movie last night...

i don't really hate canada, but it's just too easy to make fun of it sometimes.
  7. Jul 5, 2003 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There is a long standing tradition of Canada living in the shadow of the US. Since the media caters to the lowest form of humor, they have apparently extrapolated this traditional joke of being second rate into just another reason to hate. Canada is one of our greatest of friends and allies. Also, as with any borde,r like the California-Oregon border, the US-Mexican border, the Illinois-Wisconsin border, and the NY- NJ border just to name a few, we also find some prejudice in people living near the US - Canadian border. This has probably helped to feed the Canada bashing. You may remember that a very patriotic song about the US, made popular during the Gulf I war, was actually written by a Canadian.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  8. Jul 6, 2003 #7

Staff: Mentor

Holy oversensitive, Batman. Americans make fun of Canadians but we certainly don't hate them. We make fun of Texans too. Haven't you ever seen "King of the Hill"?

The only Canadians we hate are the French ones :wink:
  9. Jul 6, 2003 #8
    Nobody likes the French!
  10. Jul 6, 2003 #9
    This is a dumb thread. Very silly.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?