Do you know of a forum for meteorologists?

• Thread starter torstum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, a forum for meteorologists is an online platform where professionals and enthusiasts can discuss weather-related topics and collaborate on research. It can be a valuable resource for staying updated on the latest developments in the field and networking with other professionals. To find a forum, you can do an internet search or check professional organizations and social media groups. There are also several free options available, but some may have membership requirements. It's best to check the forum's guidelines before joining.
torstum
Do you happen to know of an active forum for meteorologists to discuss the latest advances in dynamic and physical meteorology, and other weather-related, scientific topics? I can't seem to find any decent ones. Thanks

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
You could try: www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum

There's also http://earth.myfastforum.org/ which is a small forum at the moment, but that's because it's only been running for a week or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

1. What is a forum for meteorologists?

A forum for meteorologists is an online platform where meteorology professionals and enthusiasts can come together to share knowledge, discuss current weather events, and collaborate on research projects.

2. Why would I need a forum for meteorologists?

A forum for meteorologists can be a valuable resource for staying updated on the latest developments in the field, networking with other professionals, and getting feedback on your own research or projects.

3. How can I find a forum for meteorologists?

You can find a forum for meteorologists by doing a simple internet search using keywords such as "meteorology forum" or "weather discussion forum". You can also check professional organizations or social media groups for meteorologists.

4. Are there any free forums for meteorologists?

Yes, there are several free forums for meteorologists available online. Some popular options include American Meteorological Society's "AMS Community" forum and the "Weather Discussion" forum on Reddit.

5. Can anyone join a forum for meteorologists?

Most forums for meteorologists are open to anyone with an interest in the field, but some may have specific membership requirements. It's always best to check the forum's guidelines before joining.