Do yu prefer studying in midnight to in morning?

• Thread starter Twukwuw
  • Start date
hi my friends!

I just want to ask, do you like studying in midnight?

I found that, I can concentrate better in midnight, and in afternoon I always feel sleepy!
For me, I prefer studying in midnight because I can HIGHLY concentrate in that time!!!

But as I know, working or studying in midnight is UNHEALTHY, and many health problems may show up after a few years.

I did ask my professors for their opinions, vety surprisingly, the head of physics division in my university, told me:
"when I was an undergraduate, I like to study in midnight until I feel very sleepy. In the periods just before the exams, sometimes I even didnt sleep and go for the exam the other day!!!"

How about you?
You like morning or midnight?
Are you affraid of the health problem, when you always study in midnight?

Haha, it is a pleassure to discuss with you on this topic!

Twukwuw.

Answers and Replies

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've done most of my best work at around 3 AM.

Lisa!
Gold Member
When it's morning I say midnight is better since verywhere is quiet. when it's midnight well... how come I can saty up while everyone is sleep...:zzz: I'm so jealous!o:)
You know that's ony for exams. When I don't have a exam, I have no problem studying any time as long as what I'm studying is interesting!

Ivan, dont you know that studying at 3am is extremely unhealthy?

-Job-
Science Advisor
Lately, because i 've had so many projects and exams recently, i don't go to bed before 4am. The time between 12:00 and 4:00am is when i'm at my most productive. Everything is nice and quiet so i can focus very well on what i'm doing. It's great, i just hate waking up late, that's awful.

I don't like STUDYING, I like tweaking stuff (MtG cards, LEGO's, reading) at 1-3 A.M.. It's so quiet... Too bad I don't get enough sleep and I'm all dizzy the next day.

-Job-
Science Advisor
SizarieldoR said:
I don't like STUDYING, I like tweaking stuff (MtG cards, LEGO's, reading) at 1-3 A.M.. It's so quiet... Too bad I don't get enough sleep and I'm all dizzy the next day.
I used to be into MtG. Do you want to buy some of my cards? :smile:

dav2008
Gold Member
Afternoon, bright sunny, wind blowing, good temperature excellent!!

I would like to point out the ebbinghaus(i think thats him) forgetting curve lol

I study at night. I just came back actually, I only wish I had food to keep me going - the dining hall closes at ten.:mad:

-Job- said:
I used to be into MtG. Do you want to buy some of my cards? :smile:

No, in fact, I am getting rid of my cards as well:rolleyes: (too exensive, and you get fed up with it easily)

Well I end up studying at midnight rather too many times, but the quality of my work is atrocious when I do that - I find I can't be concise and I just waffle if I'm writing an essay or report, and my work is covered in sloppy mistakes if it's mathematical (what do you mean 2j isn't -1? :eek:)

The morning is the time I work best, by a mile.

Mk
But as I know, working or studying in midnight is UNHEALTHY, and many health problems may show up after a few years.
It doesn't matter when you sleep, just how long. And the people that say a certain number of hours for how long—they don't know. Its somewhere between 5-14 hours.

I like 7pm-2am

Rach3
Just some guy said:
and my work is covered in sloppy mistakes if it's mathematical (what do you mean 2j isn't -1? :eek:)
Earlier this week I proved that three equals seven. I did it by defining an ingeniously clever homotopy somewhere. I was of course, much too sleepy to see straight, let alone do topology.

Last edited by a moderator:
PerennialII
Science Advisor
Gold Member
study & work at night and check what crap got done in the morning :biggrin: . Don't think any "decent" research can be done when properly awake and/or conscious.