Does a magnetic flux tube always have a current flowing through it?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
ImaLooser
Messages
487
Reaction score
4
Does a magnetic flux tube always have a current flowing in it?

Where is the current? Electrons on the surface and protons inside?

Why are flux tubes magnetically buoyant? That is, why is there a difference in pressure inside and outside the tube.

As far as these questions go, is there any difference between ordinary Type I flux tubes and quantum Type II flux tubes?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ImaLooser said:
Does a magnetic flux tube always have a current flowing in it?

Where is the current? Electrons on the surface and protons inside?

Why are flux tubes magnetically buoyant? That is, why is there a difference in pressure inside and outside the tube.

As far as these questions go, is there any difference between ordinary Type I flux tubes and quantum Type II flux tubes?

No replies. Now what do I do? The last time I reposted in another group I was penalized.
 
ImaLooser said:
Does a magnetic flux tube always have a current flowing in it?

Where is the current? Electrons on the surface and protons inside?

I found it. It is called Birkeland current.