Does anyone else have the problem:

• Thread starter K.J.Healey
  • Start date
In summary: I do that sometimes, especially with "the" and only when writing.I do that when I write. I was trying to find an example in some old hand written notes but I used to rewrite them if I made a mistake. I did find one page with 3 mistakes on though. :eek: I don't know what I was thinking that day.That's a new one to me. I know people do that in speaking, but haven't noticed it in writing before. Kurdt, do you also have sloppy handwriting, possibly writing letters from the bottom up? I do, and my science teacher this year does similar and says it is "disgraphia"No not really. Here are my
K.J.Healey
Where when typing, or more often writing, where if a word ends in the same letter as the next word's first, you join the words together? I seem to do this, especially when writing by hand. Probably 80% of the time that I could.

Like this:
I wantedinner so i wento eachotel.

Thats obviously extreme. But its frustrating by hand, and I feel like by the time my hand finishes writing a sentence my brain is thinking about the next page...

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think I've ever done that...

I do that sometimes, especially with "the" and only when writing.

I do that when I write. I was trying to find an example in some old hand written notes but I used to rewrite them if I made a mistake. I did find one page with 3 mistakes on though. :eek: I don't know what I was thinking that day.

That's a new one to me. I know people do that in speaking, but haven't noticed it in writing before. I make plenty of typos, especially the faster I type, but haven't done that one (at least not yet).

I was just thinking about this some more because I don't tend to worry about it, but I remember that I do this quite often with the words "with the" in that order and it comes out as "withe". I couldn't find an example since I tended to rewrite my notes if I made a mistake like that.

Kurdt, do you also have sloppy handwriting, possibly writing letters from the bottom up? I do, and my science teacher this year does similar and says it is "disgraphia"

binzing said:
Kurdt, do you also have sloppy handwriting, possibly writing letters from the bottom up? I do, and my science teacher this year does similar and says it is "disgraphia"

No not really. Here are my notes with other mistakes. :yuck:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7219/notescy0.jpg

I don't know why I photographed them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurdt said:
I don't know why I photographed them.
Well, we learn from our mistakes. Now we can learn from yours.

Moonbear said:
That's a new one to me. I know people do that in speaking
What would you call that? A 'sayo'?

K.J.Healey said:
Where when typing, or more often writing, where if a word ends in the same letter as the next word's first, you join the words together? I seem to do this, especially when writing by hand. Probably 80% of the time that I could.

Like this:
I wantedinner so i wento eachotel.

Thats obviously extreme. But its frustrating by hand, and I feel like by the time my hand finishes writing a sentence my brain is thinking about the next page...

If you used a Dvorak keyboard instead of a Qwerty keyboard, you'd be less likely to do that when typing. I have nothing when it comes to writing. Maybe you should buy a faster pen?

I never done it before...

1. Does anyone else have the problem of not understanding complicated scientific concepts?

Yes, many people struggle with understanding complex scientific concepts. It is important to remember that these concepts can be challenging and require time and effort to fully comprehend. Seeking help from a teacher or finding additional resources such as videos or diagrams can also aid in understanding.

2. Does anyone else have the problem of finding reliable sources for scientific information?

Finding reliable sources can be a common problem in the age of easily accessible information. It is important to look for reputable sources such as peer-reviewed journals, government websites, or articles written by experts in the field. Checking for citations and references can also help determine the reliability of a source.

3. Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to replicate scientific experiments?

Replicating experiments can be a difficult task, even for experienced scientists. It is important to carefully follow the instructions and protocols provided by the original researchers. If you are having trouble replicating an experiment, it may be helpful to consult with other scientists or seek guidance from the original researchers.

4. Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to come up with a hypothesis?

Generating a hypothesis can be challenging, but it is an essential part of the scientific process. One way to approach this is by identifying a problem or question and then brainstorming possible explanations or solutions. Collaborating with others can also help generate ideas for a hypothesis.

5. Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to understand scientific terminology?

Understanding scientific terminology can be overwhelming, especially for those who are new to a particular field. It is helpful to break down complex terms into smaller, more manageable parts and to look for definitions or explanations in reliable sources. It may also be beneficial to ask a teacher or expert for clarification.