As an electrician I hear it far too often that its not the voltage that kills, its the current. I find it fustrating because ive worked with people who fear car batterys because their high amperage output or got electrocuted by 600v and turns around to tell me good thing voltage dosent kill. Now I try to explain that the current results because of voltage and that the current magnitude could even be a measure of the damage cause by the voltage and to fear voltage but I always get a question that I cant respond to well. What about high voltage coil packs or spark plugs that can apply hundreds of thousands of volts and do not do severe damage. Now I know they are current limiting. So if they are current limiting there is no longer a high voltage applied across you. Because low current also means low voltage when resistance is the same(resistance of the body). So I always felt the voltage actually applied to the body by a spark plug is always much smaller than what is popularly beleived. Now is this the case and is this the view that other electrical engineers view this?