Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does quantum gravity argue that space is not singularly....

1. Sep 24, 2015 #1
    Does quantum gravity argue that space is not singularly occupied by rectilinear motion?

I am reading a general relativity intro sort of thing and this inquiry popped up in my mind. The text was explicating space being occupied by only rectilinear motion and I wondered if quantum gravity could be the antithesis.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2015 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This was completely unclear. Are you using an auto-translator? Maybe another one would work better.

4. Sep 25, 2015 #3
    Excuse me if I'm unclear, I've only recently begun with grasping gravitational study. My understanding of relativity is one of singular, rectilinear motion. Since it was established by classical methods, I wondered what that entailed by quantum means.

5. Sep 25, 2015 #4

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by "singular, rectilinear motion".

6. Sep 25, 2015 #5
    I mean parallel motion between two particles. Does gravity not consist of its own?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook