Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Don't forget to turn your clocks back!

1. Oct 29, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

It's that time of hear folks :tongue2:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2005 #2
    We get an extra hour right?

4. Oct 29, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah, which is stupid because it should be done on sunday night so we all get the extra hour when we REALLY need it (an extra hour before work/school)

5. Oct 29, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Every day, like clockwork!

6. Oct 29, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

I don't have DST :tongue:

7. Oct 29, 2005 #6
    arizona wins, yet again

8. Oct 29, 2005 #7
    Ohh yeah I forgot: Arizona declared a while back that their citizens are too stupid to understand DST :tongue2:

9. Oct 29, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You all do. I'm in the middle of an experiment, so the actual time on the clock is irrelevant. We will have Eastern Time and Experiment Time here. :rolleyes: :grumpy: It was rather challenging figuring out how to put together this schedule, and fortunately, it turned out that I could arrange it so the 2 AM samples aren't collected until Monday night, so now they are 1 AM samples and I'm the only one who has to keep track that 7 AM really is 12 hours after 8 PM.

10. Oct 29, 2005 #9
    ... What?

Someone explain what moonbear just said in English.

11. Oct 29, 2005 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have to take blood samples from sheep for the next 4 days, all timed relative to the injection they got today. So, while all the rest of you are sleeping in an extra hour tomorrow, I have to be at the farm taking a sample at 7 AM instead of 8 AM (12 hours from the injection given at 8 PM tonight). I don't get to appreciate the time change with an extra hour of sleep. Did I make more sense this time? It might be the last I make sense until Thursday...it'll be another week of sleep-deprivation for me.

12. Oct 29, 2005 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sounds like what you need is a bit of sheep-deprivation. :wink: :biggrin:

13. Oct 29, 2005 #12
    yeah I get it.

14. Oct 29, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Tell me about it! My back is already killing me from lifting a 112 kg (that's almost 250 lbs for the metric-challenged) sheep yesterday (with help, but not enough help). I came home yesterday and fell asleep on the couch before even making dinner, then had to struggle to stay awake just to heat up some soup. I really could use that extra hour of sleep, and I'm not going to get it. :cry:

15. Oct 29, 2005 #14
    Well it is good that we are going back. The last few nights I have been sleeping a little later than I should, and now today I will be back on track for a while.

16. Oct 29, 2005 #15
    250lbs, WHAT?!?!? I must have missed your huge biceps in your picture :smile:

17. Oct 29, 2005 #16
    hmm maybe that's because they'r of her FACE!!

18. Oct 29, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:biggrin: Yep, I'm in sheep shape now. (Aw, these jokes would make Ivan proud. :tongue2:)

I had someone to help with the lifting, but she was a monster, and I think I got the heavy end (they are usually around 70 kg...more like 150 lb that two people can easily lift). Between the stair-climbing from the parking lot (I can almost get to the top without getting winded now) and the sheep lifting, they're making sure I get a good workout around here.

19. Oct 29, 2005 #18

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

20. Oct 29, 2005 #19

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:rofl: Oh damn, we're good!!!!

21. Oct 30, 2005 #20
    Werd 10chars

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?