Where is James going on holiday in July?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
In summary, JimmyP will be on holiday in Turkey from the 2nd to the 9th of July. There are some concerns about the safety of Turkey and its prisons, but JimmyP seems confident. His friends have a holiday home with a communal pool, and there is an earthquake on the other side of Turkey. There is also a discussion about what "shreddies" are and whether or not JimmyP has them. The Bob is offering to be a replacement for JimmyP and there is a brief mention of being grounded.
Welcome back Jimmy! Glad you had a great time! And more importantly, glad we finally resolved the mystery of just what exactly shreddies are! :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome home, nephew! XXXXXOOOOO We missed you!

Moonbear said:
Welcome back Jimmy! Glad you had a great time! And more importantly, glad we finally resolved the mystery of just what exactly shreddies are! :-)

Yes thanks you. :biggrin:

Great your back mate.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Thanx guys, you are all great, and I did feel like I was missing out on so much conversation whilst away, always wondering what was happening on PF whilst I was sunning myself.

Okey dokey a basic lowdown of what happened.

I went with myself and two other friends. We arrived at our villa at about 6am Turkish time. Deciding that we couldn't sleep we went for a walk. Eventually, once we had showered and had a dip in the pool we went into Fethiye town using the dolmush (bus) and had a look around and got hassled by hawkers and stuff. Anyways, went back to our villa and decided to explore the other town that we were near in the evening which was called Çaliş. Anyway, that was the night that we became legends. Basically we got pretty drunk, my friend Mike got close to a Dutch lady called Lötte, and we decided then that we had no idea of how to get home seeing as we went to Çaliş in the dark. After some help from the locals and a very fast bike we were directed home, and walked back. For about 3 days after we were "the guys who don't know where they live".

Well that was day one. We became very friendly with the locals. Played football against them and won. Even if we did have a few Turkish people on our side. Went to the "brochure" beach, which is roughly spelt Olideniz, which means "dead sea". Lost my wallet. One of the locals (called Hasan) took me to the bus rank and recovered my wallet with all the money I had in there remaining. The people there are so honest it is unbelievable.

Everywhere I went, people asked me where I came from. My two friends look pretty British, but cos I have the Mediterranean blood people were intrigued. Some thought I was Italian, or Turkish, or even Indian. But no-one assumed that I was English. It was a good way of breaking the ice when meeting new people.

Oh yeah, note to the guys. Most the girls out there that I saw were really beautiful. I even got to dance with probably the most pretty Turkish girl in the club that we were at :tongue2:

What else? Ummm, it was very hot out there, I think the peak temperature was about 45°C which was great. The great thing that it was really cheap out there, even if we did spend £80 EACH in two nights. The food was great, the people were great. I have many friends out there now. Two I have the email address of and one I have the address of where he works so I can write to him. But I plan to go next year. Maybe I may get a one-way ticket, Gibraltar doesn't seem so good anymore, cos some news just before my holiday soured the idea.

Hmmmm. OOH I was pulled by an English girl who was very nice. Another great thing was that we had five 18 year old English guys living next door to us. Lots of fun indeed. One night, we went out at 10pm and didnt get back home till 7am the next morning. What a night that was.

All in all, it is just a truly fantastic place to go to, a pity we only went for a week, because I could have dreamed of doing so much more. It was just the atmosphere, but more importantly the PEOPLE that made the place so great. I can't really describe how they made it great, but I could just say that you could be TOTALLY relaxed around the people that we met. And they were very sad to see us go.

If I think of any more then I will keep you informed but the general gist was to go out, and have a good time at clubs all night, wake up at midday, swim in the pool, just basically chill, or explore the towns a bit, have an evening meal, and then repeat. Really was something to forget the troubles of life.

Sigh...

Oh yeah, lots of great holiday quotes and learned a few words. hard to spell though.