Seeing Humans Glow: Exploring the Dark Side of Earth

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of seeing humans on the dark side of the Earth emitting visible light while traveling on a rocket ship. It is mentioned that the sun's gamma radiation could potentially be harmful if not shielded by the Earth. The direction of travel also affects the observed radiation.
cragar
This may be a dumb question , let's say there are a bunch of people on the dark side of the Earth , these humans are emitting infrared photons and i am traveling by on a rocket ship
if I travel fast enough will I see these humans glowing or emitting visible light .

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes. But you had better make sure that you keep the Earth between you and the sun in that case because the sun would be emitting hard gamma radiation. Also, the direction matters, if you were going away from the Earth the radiation would be blueshifted down into the RF.

ok thanks for your answer , so the gamma radiation from the sun if i was going that fast would really mess me up.

1. What is "Seeing Humans Glow" all about?

"Seeing Humans Glow" is a scientific phenomenon where humans can be seen glowing in the dark when observed from space. This glow is caused by the natural emission of infrared light from our bodies, which is undetectable to the naked eye.

2. How does this glow occur?

The human body naturally emits infrared light, also known as body heat, through a process called thermoregulation. This light is usually absorbed by the surrounding environment, but when viewed from space, it appears as a faint glow.

3. Can this glow be seen by the naked eye on Earth?

No, the glow emitted by humans is very faint and can only be detected by specialized equipment, such as infrared cameras or satellites. It is not visible to the naked eye on Earth.

4. Are there any health implications of this glow?

The infrared light emitted by humans is a natural and harmless occurrence. It is a byproduct of our metabolism and does not have any known health implications.

5. How can this information be used in scientific research?

Studying the glow of humans from space can provide valuable information about our metabolism, body temperature regulation, and even our emotional and physiological responses. It can also be used in areas such as climate research, urban heat mapping, and disaster response.