1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dough s Momentum

1. Jan 3, 2008 #1
    Dough"s Momentum

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A 0.14 kg ball of dough is thrown straight up into the air with an initial velocity of 24 m/s.

a)Find the momentum of the of dough at its maximum height.
    b)Find the momentum of the ball of dough halfway to its maximum height on the way up.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Okay this problem sounds easy so i straight plugged in (0.14*24) but that wasn't right. so i tried figuring out Vf and use that but in order to find Vfinal i don't have Force for Vf=ft/m so i tried squareroot 2ax but i don't have a either. I am so lost . Please help. THanks
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2008 #2

Homework Helper

4. Jan 3, 2008 #3
    sorri no one seemed to be responding when i was posting this and i really needed to get this solved ..so i changed the title .
  5. Jan 3, 2008 #4

Homework Helper

Please keep in mind that this is not a service rendered by a paid staff. The people helping out in the Homework Forum are volunteering their time and a lot of them are students or other people in academic settings. That will mean right now that there are relatively fewer of them online since they are still on winter break. (I myself am not a student, but the university I'm at won't start classes again for two more weeks...) Waiting a few hours for a reply under these circumstances is not unusual, although this place has gotten noticeably livelier since Tuesday.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?