1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dynamics Coursework; Angular Velocity, Springs, Force

1. May 2, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The flat circular disc rotates about a vertical axis through O with a constant angular velocity of 240rpm. Prior to rotation, each of the 0.5kg sliding blocks has the position x=25mm with no force in its attached spring. Each spring has a stiffness of 400N/m, Neglect any friction between the blocks and the slots, and neglect the mass of the springs.

(a) Determine the value of x for each spring
    (b) Calculate the normal force N exerted by the side of the slot on the block

I have attached the diagram.

2. Relevant equations
    Not yet completely sure. If someone knows of a resource towards rotational velocity, that would be helpful, but I will update this section as soon as I have identified appropriate equations.

3. The attempt at a solution
    As per above, I will upload something as soon as I can get a solid attempt down. I'm honestly incredibly lost on this question, it just seems like there are so many aspects happening at once.

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2012 #2
    Upload: diagram.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook