Dynamics of Machine Course Help

In summary, the conversation is about a student asking for resources to learn about dynamics, specifically related to vectors in mechanical engineering. They mention struggling with understanding the parallelogram and triangular vector laws and ask for recommendations. Another person suggests reviewing statics first and explains how to approach vectors. They also provide some websites that might be helpful in studying dynamics. The student expresses gratitude for the help.
theitcrowd
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could post some videos or some websites where I can read about Dynamics required for Mechanical Engineering i.e. related to vectors , how to add vectors , how to find the resultant. I searched YouTube but I am not really getting any good responses.

I am a third year student and I don't really know Vectors that well and I find no way in my books to brush up on that, for e.g. I don't remember the parallelogram vector law and triangular one and its confusing me during class and I keep cursing my self for skipping that part in Physics when I was in school.

I hope you get the idea.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Try Khan Academy

If your looking to brush up on vectors you should review Statics first since Dynamics will more likely confuse the situations since you also have to deal with how position relates to velocity, and how velocity relates to acceleration, instead of just dealing with direction.

Either way the easiest way to think of vectors is as a trig or geometry problem where you have so much force, velocity, acceleration going in the x, y, and z direction, where the magnitude of these properties would equal the following:

magnitude = sqrt (x2+y2+z2)

Anyways, some sites that might help with dynamics are the following.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/dynamics-t_60.html

http://sbainvent.com/dynamics/

Thanks for the help , really helped me out!

Cheers

Related to Dynamics of Machine Course Help

What is the "Dynamics of Machine" course?

The Dynamics of Machine course is a study of the principles and theories that govern the motion and behavior of machines. It covers topics such as kinematics, kinetics, and dynamics of machines, as well as their design and analysis.

Why is the "Dynamics of Machine" course important?

The Dynamics of Machine course is important because it provides a fundamental understanding of how machines work and behave, which is essential for designing and analyzing mechanical systems. It also lays the foundation for more advanced courses in engineering and science.

What are the prerequisites for taking the "Dynamics of Machine" course?

The prerequisites for taking the Dynamics of Machine course may vary depending on the institution, but generally, students are expected to have a strong background in mathematics, physics, and mechanics. Some courses may also require knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software.

What are the common topics covered in the "Dynamics of Machine" course?

The common topics covered in the Dynamics of Machine course include kinematics, kinetics, dynamics, force analysis, motion analysis, and design analysis of mechanical systems. Other topics may include energy methods, vibrations, and control systems.

How can I succeed in the "Dynamics of Machine" course?

To succeed in the Dynamics of Machine course, it is important to attend all lectures and actively participate in class. It is also crucial to practice solving problems and to seek help from instructors or classmates when needed. Additionally, familiarizing oneself with relevant software and staying organized can also contribute to success in the course.