Easy Motion Problem - Distance

• Thread starter Display MOB
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motion
In summary, the distance traveled by the car completing two laps on a 2.2 km racetrack in 98 seconds would be 4.4 km. There is no specific formula for this problem, other than multiplying the number of laps by the distance per lap. The displacement of the car would be zero, as the circular track starts and ends at the same point. There is no formula for displacement in this scenario.
Display MOB

Homework Statement

A Car Completes two laps of a 2.2 km racetrack is 98 seconds Find:
A.) The Cars distance traveled (in km).

Homework Equations

+

The Attempt at a Solution

I know that you have to multiply 2.2km by 2 laps but for my homework i have to show a formula and complete a full answer
(what am i given)
[something] = 2 [meaning laps]
[something] = 2.2 km
[tex]\Delta[/tex]d = ?

(required formula)
[tex]\Delta[/tex]d = [something]*[something]
[tex]\Delta[/tex]d = 2 * 2.2
[tex]\Delta[/tex]d = 4.4 km

(therefore statement)
[therefore] the distance traveled by the runner would be 4.4 km

I know what 2*2.2 is I am not stupid but i don't know the correct formula to use and i don't know what symbols to fill in where the [somethings] are. Help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Strange question. There is no particular formula other than the distance is equal to the no. of laps multiplied by the distance per lap.

Kurdt said:
Strange question. There is no particular formula other than the distance is equal to the no. of laps multiplied by the distance per lap.

Also if asked for the displacement of the object, it would be 0 due to the circular track you would end where you started correct? Is there a formula for displacement using the given information or what should i show to get 0 as displacement.

Display MOB said:
Also if asked for the displacement of the object, it would be 0 due to the circular track you would end where you started correct? Is there a formula for displacement using the given information or what should i show to get 0 as displacement.

You are correct that displacement would be zero but for this problem i don't think you'd have to show anything other than state that its zero.

Kurdt said:
You are correct that displacement would be zero but for this problem i don't think you'd have to show anything other than state that its zero.

Mmm alright i'll have to ask my prof on wed. because it wants a forumla..mabey I am supposed to just figure that out or something.

There isn't really an equation you can give. You're just using your knowledge that the track starts and ends at the same point.

What is an easy motion problem?

An easy motion problem is a type of mathematical problem that involves calculating the distance traveled by an object or person based on the given speed and time.

What is distance?

Distance is the measurement of how far an object or person has traveled. It is usually measured in units such as meters, kilometers, or miles.

How do you solve an easy motion problem?

To solve an easy motion problem, you need to use the formula distance = speed x time. First, identify the given speed and time. Then, plug them into the formula to calculate the distance traveled.

What is the formula for distance?

The formula for distance is distance = speed x time. This formula is commonly used to solve easy motion problems.

What are some real-life examples of easy motion problems?

Some real-life examples of easy motion problems include calculating the distance traveled by a car at a given speed and time, determining the distance covered by a runner during a race, or finding the distance between two cities based on the speed of a train.