Egative charge is downer than the positive charge

In summary: Dang, wearing those clothes and using the same dishes must be quite shocking! It sounds like it would be quite a shock to wear the same clothes and use the same dishes every day!
zaroori
hello every body I know before happening fireligh negative charge is downer than the positive charge but my question is why it happends?

Physics news on Phys.org

zaroori said:
hello every body I know before happening fireligh negative charge is downer than the positive charge but my question is why it happends?

Are you asking about the chemistry of fire?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire

sorry for my faulty explanation I mean thunder (I am not english)

Perhaps you mean lighting? That is electrical discharges in the atmosphere.

yes thank you integral that is it but my question is why negative charge is downer than the positive charge

Integral said:
Perhaps you mean lighting? That is electrical discharges in the atmosphere.

Yes. Lightening is the Almighty Discharge of Static Electricity from the Heavens.

OK, it's neither Integral's "lighting", nor Neo's "lightening". :tongue2:

Third time's a charm? Bob_S has it right with "lightning".

DaveC426913 said:
OK, it's neither Integral's "lighting", nor Neo's "lightening". :tongue2:

Third time's a charm? Bob_S has it right with "lightning".

Well whoever was put in charge of spelling words of the English language got it wrong! :tongue2: Now you guys see why I posted that "Why I Can't Stand the English Language" thread in the General Discussion forum?
It should be "lightening"... :approve:

Neo_Anderson said:
Well whoever was put in charge of spelling words of the English language got it wrong! :tongue2: Now you guys see why I posted that "Why I Can't Stand the English Language" thread in the General Discussion forum?
It should be "lightening"... :approve:
But lightning is already a word...

"I am lightning my daily workload by wearing the same clothes everyday and using the same dishes."

Look guys, given a chance, I can misspell nearly any word in the English language. It passed spell check! :redface:

DaveC426913 said:
But lightning is already a word...

"I am lightening my daily workload by wearing the same clothes everyday and using the same dishes."

Dang, wearing those clothes and using the same dishes must be quite shocking!
wheres bengamin franklins kite when you need the darn thing...

What is the meaning of "negative charge is downer than the positive charge"?

The phrase "negative charge is downer than the positive charge" refers to the fact that negative charges have a lower energy level than positive charges. This means that negative charges are more stable and less likely to move or change compared to positive charges.

Why is a negative charge considered to be "downer" than a positive charge?

In terms of energy levels, negative charges are considered to be "downer" than positive charges because they are closer to the lowest energy state, also known as the ground state. This makes them more stable and less reactive compared to positive charges.

Is the concept of "negative charge is downer than the positive charge" applicable to all types of charges?

Yes, the concept of negative charges being "downer" than positive charges applies to all types of charges, including electric charges, magnetic charges, and gravitational charges. This is because the idea is based on the relative energy levels of the charges, which is a universal concept.

Does the "downer" nature of negative charges have any real-world applications?

Yes, the fact that negative charges are "downer" than positive charges has many real-world applications. For example, it explains why electrons, which have a negative charge, are more stable and less reactive compared to protons, which have a positive charge. This concept is also important in understanding chemical reactions and the behavior of particles in electric and magnetic fields.

Is there any relationship between the "downer" nature of negative charges and the concept of potential energy?

Yes, there is a direct relationship between the "downer" nature of negative charges and potential energy. In physics, potential energy is defined as the energy stored in an object or system due to its position or configuration. Negative charges, being at a lower energy level, have a lower potential energy compared to positive charges, which have a higher potential energy.