Want to Learn More About the Einstein de Haas Effect?

• Thread starter epdo_xero
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Einstein
In summary, the Einstein de Haas effect is a phenomenon discovered by Albert Einstein and Wander Johannes de Haas in 1915 in which the magnetization of a material changes when the material is subjected to a mechanical rotation. It is based on the principle of conservation of angular momentum and can be measured by observing the change in magnetization using a magnetometer. This effect has been useful in studying magnetic materials, testing conservation laws, and developing spintronic devices.
epdo_xero
I have to give a a speech(?) about this experiment at university. I know what happens there roughly speaking, but I want know more about some conditions, materials and so on.
Could you recommend some articles about this effect?

Sorry for my English, I really don't know if I explained my question properly.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried Google? I tried it and I found several sites answering your question.

1. What is the Einstein de Haas effect?

The Einstein de Haas effect is a phenomenon in which the magnetization of a material changes when the material is subjected to a mechanical rotation.

2. Who discovered the Einstein de Haas effect?

The Einstein de Haas effect was discovered by Albert Einstein and Wander Johannes de Haas in 1915.

3. What is the principle behind the Einstein de Haas effect?

The Einstein de Haas effect is based on the principle of conservation of angular momentum, which states that the total angular momentum of a system remains constant unless acted upon by an external torque.

4. How is the Einstein de Haas effect measured?

The Einstein de Haas effect can be measured by observing the change in magnetization of a material before and after it is subjected to a mechanical rotation. This change in magnetization can be detected using a magnetometer.

5. What are the applications of the Einstein de Haas effect?

The Einstein de Haas effect has been used in various applications, such as studying the properties of magnetic materials, testing the validity of the conservation of angular momentum, and in the development of spintronic devices.