Electric Longboard Gear Ratio

In summary, electric longboard gear ratio refers to the relationship between the size of the motor pulley and the wheel pulley. A higher gear ratio means the motor turns more times for each rotation of the wheel, resulting in higher speed but less torque. On the other hand, a lower gear ratio provides more torque but lower speed. The ideal gear ratio depends on the rider's preference and the terrain they will be riding on. A gear ratio of 2:1 is commonly recommended for electric longboards. It is important to choose the right gear ratio to optimize the performance and efficiency of the electric longboard.
Gurfin321
I would like to know what gear ratio i would need for my electric longboard. The goal is to run the longboard at 30 - 40 km/h at max power. Me and the longboards weight is approximately 65 kg. The brushless motor i am running has an rpm of approximately 18000 rpm (as it is an airplane engine) and a torque of 1,24 Nm. I would like to be able to go up a 10 degrees incline at 10 - 20 km/h. The longboard wheel is 75 mm in diameter. My question to you is: "How big a gear ratio should i use, and achieve said goals?". I would like to know all formels and equations, and also all the variables. Thanks in advance!
//Josef

Physics news on Phys.org
Gurfin321 said:
I would like to know what gear ratio i would need for my electric longboard. The goal is to run the longboard at 30 - 40 km/h at max power. Me and the longboards weight is approximately 65 kg. The brushless motor i am running has an rpm of approximately 18000 rpm (as it is an airplane engine) and a torque of 1,24 Nm. I would like to be able to go up a 10 degrees incline at 10 - 20 km/h. The longboard wheel is 75 mm in diameter. My question to you is: "How big a gear ratio should i use, and achieve said goals?". I would like to know all formels and equations, and also all the variables.Thanks in advance!
//Josef
Welcome to PF Josef!:smile:.
This section is for introduction only. Post this question in the Mechanical Engineering forum.

cnh1995 said:
Welcome to PF Josef!:smile:.
This section is for introduction only. Post this question in the Mechanical Engineering forum.
OK! Thanks and sorry! I'm somewhat of a noob here...