Electromagnet repulsion increased significantly

In summary, when two electro magnets with coiled wires carrying the same current in the same direction are placed side by side, they will repel each other with an exponentially increased force when they are very close. This force is proportional to the product of the currents in the wires and can be increased by engineering the geometry of the coils. However, the relationship between the force and current magnitude is always linear. The shape of the core around which the coils are wrapped can affect the strength of the force, with a more rigid geometry like a metric pentagon or octagon potentially increasing the force.
Gdarnall
when two electro magnets are coiled the same and same direction of current are placed S to S so they repell... is the force acting upon them to separate ( push away ) exponentially increased (when they are very close) as each of the separate magnets current is increased?
is there a formula I am looking for?

Physics news on Phys.org
The magnetic force between two current carrying wires is proportional to the product of the currents i1 * i2. The constant of proportionality depends on the geometry of the coils and can be increased by engineering, but the dependence of the force on the magnitude of the currents is always a simple linear relationship.

that makes sense, i figured it worked like that :smile: what's that you say about geom and the force can be increased with proper engineering? are you referring to the shape of the core which the coils are wrapped around? can a metric pentagon or octagon bar increase the strength of the force because of the structural rigidity?

What does "Electromagnet repulsion increased significantly" mean?

This means that the force of repulsion between two electromagnets has become stronger than before.

What factors can cause an increase in electromagnet repulsion?

An increase in current flowing through the electromagnets, a decrease in the distance between the electromagnets, and an increase in the number of turns in the coils can all cause an increase in electromagnet repulsion.

Why is it important to study increases in electromagnet repulsion?

Understanding the factors that affect electromagnet repulsion can help us design more efficient and powerful electromagnets for various applications, such as in motors, generators, and magnetic levitation systems.

Are there any potential risks associated with increased electromagnet repulsion?

Yes, increased electromagnet repulsion can lead to higher levels of electromagnetic interference, which can disrupt the functioning of electronic devices and even cause damage.

How can we measure the level of electromagnet repulsion?

Electromagnet repulsion can be measured using a force gauge or by observing the distance at which two electromagnets repel each other.