Electromagnetic Scattering

In summary, electromagnetic scattering is the process of electromagnetic waves being scattered or reflected when encountering an object or medium. It is caused by the interaction between the waves and the particles or structures in the object or medium. Electromagnetic scattering has various uses in research and technology, including remote sensing, radar and sonar, and medical imaging. It is also closely related to light and optics, helping to explain phenomena such as refraction and reflection. However, studying and modeling electromagnetic scattering can be challenging due to the complex interactions and the need for advanced mathematical and computational techniques.
What are the best resources (books/lectures/articles) to learn Classical Electromagnetic Scattering (forward and inverse modelling)? I am an Electrical Engineer so I would prefer some resource which is from an applied perspective. My specific research topic is related to modeling and analyze 2D and 3D electromagnetic scattering from dielectric media. I need to simulate forward scattering data and work on developing better inverse methods to reconstruct the media profile.

Physics news on Phys.org
Devaney: Mathematical Foundations of Imaging, Tomography and Wavefield Inversion

Suggested for: Electromagnetic Scattering

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies