Electrostatic analysis of cad model of protons neutrons

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Jeff Driscoll
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Could the orbit filling order of electrons be more classical and less quantum? I attached a jpeg and need someone to do a electrostatics analysis of the CAD model version of it. Does anyone have an electrostatics software package and have time to do a finite element analysis on a 3-D part to determine the electrostatic field potential? Specifically the JPEG attached shows a grouping of protons and neutrons. I mainly need to figure out which protons have the highest electrostatic field near them so that the protons can be numbered and ordered from highest to lowest voltage potential. There might be two ways to do it, one where they are all electrically conductive and the second where they are isolated charged spheres. I can supply a CAD model in different formats from a Solidworks model.

thanks
 
Attachments
  • protons-neutrons.jpg
    protons-neutrons.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 534
Physics news on Phys.org
So where are the electrons?
Are you talking about a nucleus rather than an atom with electrons "filling orbits"?
 
Image (I have a CAD model of it also) is made from 100 protons and 104 neutrons (fermium-204 which does not exist). Each red proton in the image would be about .8 fm (.8 x 10^-15 m) in diameter and the same for the green neutrons. The electrons would be orbiting this nucleus further out, some fraction (such as 1/100th) of the bohr radius (bohr radius = 5.29 x 10^-11 m). But I only need the finite element analysis done on the proton/neutrons shown in the image. I need the order of decreasing electrostatic voltage potential. I'm willing to chip in some money if someone can do it.
Regarding filling orbits, I am referring to the standard orbit filling orbital order:
1s, 2s, 2p, 3s, 3p, 4s, 3d, 4p, 5s, 4d, 5p, 6s, 4f, 5d, 6p, 7s, 5f, 6d, 7p, 8s