Help Student in Need of Assistance Before Exam

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Some students have been sending private messages to other users asking for help with their exams. While some topics may be appropriate for forum discussion, others may require more personal information and thus it is more suitable for private messages. However, if the recipient is unable to help, it is polite to respond and inform them of the appropriate forum to post their question in. It is not necessary to ignore them or create a separate address for private problems.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have a message in my inbox from a student wanting help, i can only
think that he, she has miss directed the message as i am unqualified
to answer, and he, she has only one week before an exam, i think it
urgent that this message is re directed, pls tell me how.

Physics news on Phys.org
goldi

Read my Journal About My Exam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I was just studying Electronics in this semester and till now i have scored a total of 21 marks out of 120 marks and an End semester exam is remaining which is after 1 week and i am bit afraid that may be i will fail...but what this will create is for me that my hardwork will go waste which i would have had used in improving my grades of other subjects..i have taled to my instructor and tutor both...My Tutor said to me to collect the strength and top the exam and he promised that i will get an 'A'...but if i am going to remain below avg. i am going to get F..
Pls advice me that should i go for this chance or try to improve other subjects...
My end sem. is after exactly 1 week...
Waiting for urs kind advice...
Goldi

I got one, too, I'll tell her in clear words what I think abou spamming PM's.

I ocassionally get requests for help from students via PM. If it is a topic I think is appropriate for forum discussion, I suggest they post it there to get more responses. Sometimes students ask questions where they need to share more personal information to get advice and don't wish to do that on the main board, thus it is more appropriate for PM. If I am able to help, I do so, and if I'm not, sending them a brief reply that I am unable to assist either due to lack of knowledge regarding their specific question or lack of time, etc., is what I consider the polite response. Of course if I get persistent questions from someone who I've already informed I can't help, then the easiest way to handle it is to ignore them.

I received this message,too and others before.I've given the same advice to post the problem in one of the forums...

Daniel.

Hmm I got the same message. Why me? I know nothing!

Me neither,i hope Warren,Greg or someone else would give us an advice on what we should be doing in these cases.Or tell us,whether they did/plan to do anything.

It's definitely weird,mabe a bit of abnormal,too.

Daniel.

Would it be possible to have a" closed" personal problem address
that only advisors could view?

I don't think that's a good idea.People are free to discuss anything in private,including personal issues.I am really not looking forward to finding out someone's (dirty) secrets...And I'm not willing to be a part of it.I guess I'm not cut out for phsychological councilling...:rolleyes:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Me neither,i hope Warren,Greg or someone else would give us an advice on what we should be doing in these cases.Or tell us,whether they did/plan to do anything.
Just respond by saying that they should post the problem in an appropriate forum.

What is "Help Student in Need of Assistance Before Exam"?

"Help Student in Need of Assistance Before Exam" is a service or program that aims to provide assistance and support to students who are struggling before an exam. This could include tutoring, study guides, or other resources to help students prepare for their exams.

Who can benefit from "Help Student in Need of Assistance Before Exam"?

Any student who is feeling overwhelmed or unprepared for an upcoming exam can benefit from this service. It is especially helpful for students who may have learning disabilities, are new to a subject, or have other challenges that make preparing for exams difficult.

How does "Help Student in Need of Assistance Before Exam" work?

The exact process may differ depending on the specific program or service, but generally, students can reach out to request assistance and will then be matched with a tutor or provided with study materials. The goal is to provide personalized support and resources to help the student feel more confident and prepared for their exam.

Is there a cost for "Help Student in Need of Assistance Before Exam"?

The cost of this service may vary depending on the program or resources being offered. Some schools or organizations may offer it for free, while others may charge a fee. It is important to research and inquire about the cost before utilizing this service.

What are the potential benefits of using "Help Student in Need of Assistance Before Exam"?

Some potential benefits of utilizing this service include improved academic performance, increased confidence and motivation, and reduced test anxiety. It can also help students develop effective study habits and techniques that they can use in the future.