EMI potential difference question

In summary, the question is about calculating the motional emf in a rotating system and whether the effective length can be used to do so. The answer is yes, as it can be proved using calculus. The question also asks for a simple explanation and a differential equation can be used to show that the effective length is equal to the straight line distance. The emf induced in the straight line distance is half of the product of the magnetic field, angular velocity, and the length squared.
Mausam
This is not a homework.i am not able to understand rotating motional emf .so could u please tell why could we use the effective length to calculate emf in this case .
1478592145082.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Is that problem from H C Verma?
Mausam said:
so could u please tell why could we use the effective length to calculate emf in this case .
Maybe that is an easier approach, but not the only one. It can also be solved using the straightforward calculus method. Is the answer given?

Last edited:
Please can anyone help me to prove that in this case the shape doesn't matter and hence effective length can be used to calculate motional emf

Last edited:
cnh1995 said:
Is that problem from H C Verma?

Maybe that is an easier approach, but not the only one. It can also be solved using the straightforward calculus method. Is the answer given?
Thank you so much for your reply ,yes the answer is given, actually had a doubt that why can we use the effective length though the velocity of every point is different.i mean i am not able to prove that the shape doesn't matter ...so could u please help me prove it in this case ,i am able to prove it when there is no rotation. This is from DC PANDEY
I have attached the solution if it helps

Attachments

• 1478603115935.jpg
    1478603115935.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 557
Mausam said:
Thank you so much for your reply ,yes the answer is given, actually had a doubt that why can we use the effective length though the velocity of every point is different.i mean i am not able to prove that the shape doesn't matter ...so could u please help me prove it in this case ,i am able to prove it when there is no rotation. This is from DC PANDEY
I have attached the solution if it helps
This effective length part can be proved using some calculus. Do you know how to set up a differential equation?

Could u please elaborate

cnh1995 said:
This effective length part can be proved using some calculus. Do you know how to set up a differential equation?
If possible can u please elaborate on it
And is there any simple explanation...
I do know to set up and solve differential equations

Mausam said:
Could u please elaborate
Consider the section OCA only. Here, you want to show that arc-length AC is effectively equal to the straight line distance AC. What is the emf induced in the straight line AC if length AC=l?

cnh1995 said:
Consider the section OCA only. Here, you want to show that arc-length AC is effectively equal to the straight line distance AC. What is the emf induced in the straight line AC if length AC=l?
It's half(B)(w)L²

1. What is EMI potential difference?

EMI potential difference, also known as electromagnetic interference potential difference, refers to the difference in voltage between two points caused by electromagnetic interference.

2. How does EMI potential difference occur?

EMI potential difference occurs when electromagnetic waves from one source interfere with the signals of another electronic device, causing fluctuations in voltage.

3. What are the effects of EMI potential difference?

The effects of EMI potential difference can range from minor disruptions in electronic devices to complete failure of equipment. It can also cause inaccurate readings or data loss.

4. How can EMI potential difference be reduced?

EMI potential difference can be reduced by using shielded cables, grounding equipment, and implementing proper wiring techniques. Using filters and ferrite beads can also help to reduce EMI.

5. How can EMI potential difference be tested or measured?

EMI potential difference can be tested or measured using an EMI detector or spectrum analyzer. These devices can detect and measure the levels of electromagnetic interference in a given area.