Understanding the Interactions of Energy with Quantum Particles and Strings

In summary, the interactions of energy with quantum particles and strings can be understood through the lens of quantum mechanics and string theory. These theories explain how energy is transferred between particles and how it affects their behavior and properties. The study of these interactions has led to advancements in fields such as particle physics, cosmology, and quantum computing. By understanding these interactions, scientists are able to further explore the fundamental nature of energy and the universe as a whole.
prax
TL;DR Summary
questions about energy, not as to what is energy but how exactly does it interacts.
We know that energy can be converted from one for to another , but how does it do that?
How exactly does energy interacts with the quantum particles or with strings for that matter?

Physics news on Phys.org
Energy is not something that interacts with anything. Energy is a property that things that interact, like quantum fields, have. (More precisely, in QM it's an observable.)

Likes Dale and vanhees71
PeterDonis said:
Energy is not something that interacts with anything. Energy is a property that things that interact, like quantum fields, have. (More precisely, in QM it's an observable.)
If energy is a property, then what actually posses this property?

The universe as we describe it. Did you read the Feynman lecture?

prax said:
what actually posses this property?

Anything.

Likes jim mcnamara
IT really would help you if you read the posted link :smile:

Likes vanhees71 and Vanadium 50
New poster has been reminded to show some effort in answering their own questions
hutchphd said:
The universe as we describe it. Did you read the Feynman lecture?
I haven't read it, can you share please.

I have a question.
The answer is here. <link provided>
I still have a question.
Did you read the answer?
No.

This doesn't seem to me like a winning strategy. If it were me, I'd read the answer posted in the link in Post 3.

Likes vanhees71 and berkeman
prax said:
I haven't read it, can you share please.

No, click on the link and have a look for yourself. You need to show some effort in trying to answer your own questions. Click the link below:

Nugatory said:
@prax, you might want to give this Feynman lecture a try: https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/I_04.html

Likes vanhees71 and Vanadium 50
ok! so does it implies that energy is a constant quantity and we really aren't aware of its true nature rather we just see things in action , and then can it imply that mass energy is just a constant value as matter cannot originate from nothingness ?

1. What is energy and why is it important?

Energy is the ability to do work or cause change. It is important because it is necessary for all living organisms to function and for any process or activity to occur.

2. What are the different forms of energy?

The main forms of energy are mechanical, thermal, chemical, electrical, and nuclear. Mechanical energy is the energy of motion and position, thermal energy is the energy of heat, chemical energy is the energy stored in chemical bonds, electrical energy is the energy of moving electrons, and nuclear energy is the energy stored in the nucleus of an atom.

3. How does energy interact with matter?

Energy can interact with matter in various ways, such as through heat transfer, chemical reactions, and electromagnetic radiation. When energy is transferred to an object, it can cause changes in its temperature, state, or chemical composition.

4. What is the law of conservation of energy?

The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be transformed from one form to another. This means that the total amount of energy in a closed system remains constant.

5. How is energy used in everyday life?

Energy is used in various ways in our daily lives, such as for transportation, heating and cooling our homes, cooking, and powering electronic devices. It is also essential for industries and businesses to function, such as in manufacturing and production processes.