Energy cell question: Will it work?

In summary: This is a discussion forum for experts, not laypeople. If you want to ask a question, start a new thread and provide the following information:What you want to knowWhat you've read or heardYour reasoningIf you would like a response, start a new thread and provide the following information:What you want from the responseWhat you've read or heardYour reasoningIn summary, the ring of transformers and amplifiers connected together will not result in a larger voltage and current output than what you started off with.
Nathan Wilson
Imagine a ring of transformers and amplifiers connected together. The first transformer increases the voltage using 85% of the current. The amplifier then increases the remaining 15% for a higher current. The now higher current receives a higher voltage from the second transformer again only using 85%, followed by another current amplifier. Will you get a larger voltage and current output than what you started off with?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Nathan Wilson said:
Imagine a ring of transformers and amplifiers connected together. The first transformer increases the voltage using 85% of the current. The amplifier then increases the remaining 15% for a higher current. The now higher current receives a higher voltage from the second transformer again only using 85%, followed by another current amplifier. Will you get a larger voltage and current output than what you started off with?
The simplest ring would be a step up transformer and an amplifier, and if you get the polarities and gains correct, a signal will indeed build up around the ring and result in oscillation. But remember that the transformer is not perfect and has losses, and the amplifier is less than 100% efficient and requires more power from its supply than it delivers. So we cannot make a sort of "free energy" machine this way.

Thanks for your input, and your time Tech 99. That's a cool ship you've got there, I like. I know that transformers have their losses and I put that into the equation. But please explain why current amplifiers require more energy than they deliver. Last time I checked, they take a low current and make it a larger one; but at the cost of some voltage. You now have a higher current. More current means the next transformer has more energy to work with more volts. I'm not trying to create "free energy" I'm trying to make a, high voltage high current electrical charge. Take a tidal wave for instance. When it comes on shore it doesn't create more water than there already is, it simply makes the water have a higher current and voltage in water since. I thank you for answering my question, you probably know more of what you're talking about than I do. I'm simply explaining myself and why I thought it would work.

Nathan Wilson said:

Welcome to the PF, Nathan.

We do not discuss over-unity energy devices. They are on the list of forbidden topics here (see Info at the top of the page). Please follow the links below from the rules to help you figure out why they cannot exist. Thread is closed.

micromass said:
Forbidden Topics -- Pseudoscience, such as (but not limited to):

Perpetual motion and "free energy" discussions
http://wiki.4hv.org/index.php/Free_Energy_Debunking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
http://www.skepdic.com/freeenergy.html
http://www.skepdic.com/perpetual.html

1. How does an energy cell work?

An energy cell works by converting chemical energy into electrical energy. This process involves a chemical reaction within the cell that releases electrons and creates a flow of electricity.

2. What types of energy can be stored in an energy cell?

Energy cells can store various forms of energy, including chemical, mechanical, and electrical energy. The type of energy stored depends on the type of cell and its intended use.

3. How long can an energy cell last?

The lifespan of an energy cell depends on its capacity, the rate at which it is discharged, and the conditions in which it is used. Generally, energy cells can last anywhere from a few hours to several years.

4. Can energy cells be recharged?

Some energy cells can be recharged, while others are designed for single use. Rechargeable energy cells use a reversible chemical reaction to restore the cell's energy, while non-rechargeable cells cannot be recharged and must be replaced once they are depleted.

5. Are there any safety concerns with energy cells?

Like any other source of energy, energy cells can pose safety risks if not handled properly. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and handle energy cells with caution to prevent potential hazards, such as leakage or explosion.