Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Energy differences in different directions: the grid

1. Sep 20, 2016 #1
    I heard a scientist propose a way to confirm (I feel that is a strong word) that there is a "grid" that subatomic particles and the smallest parts of the universe have to follow, instead of travelling freely. If energy moves sideways, it will lose energy more quickly for the same distance as energy travelling straight, as it has to go in a zig-zag motion. Has this been detected so far, through supernovas perhaps?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

"I heard a scientist propose" is not a valid thread start here at the PF. You need to post a link to an acceptable, mainstream scientific article that discusses this idea.

4. Sep 21, 2016 #3
    All our experiments are consistent with space being isotropic (same in every direction). I'm pretty confident saying that because it would be big news if something showed otherwise.

5. Sep 21, 2016 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

No reply from EasterEggs, so with the good reply from @Khashishi this thread will be closed until the OP can send me some quality links discussing the subject.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook