Energy governing equation in terms of PRESSURE

In summary, the energy governing equation in terms of pressure is known as the Bernoulli's equation and states that the total energy of a fluid in a steady flow system remains constant along a streamline, and is equal to the sum of its potential, kinetic, and pressure energies. This equation includes pressure as one of the components of the total energy and is significant in understanding fluid behavior and designing fluid flow systems. However, it is only applicable to incompressible fluids such as liquids. The equation is derived from the conservation of energy principle and takes into account the different forms of energy and their relationship to pressure.
jollage
Hi all,

I derived the energy equation for compressible flow in terms of pressure p from the governing equation in terms of the total energy density e (using the perfect gas assumption and assuming constant viscosity), but I am not sure if I did it correctly. I post it here, please tell me if it's right, or suggest me some useful references I could consult. Thanks a lot!

Jo

Attachments

• pressure.png
    pressure.png
    9 KB · Views: 552
Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone could help me?
Thanks!

Jo

1. What is the energy governing equation in terms of pressure?

The energy governing equation in terms of pressure is known as the Bernoulli's equation. It states that the total energy of a fluid in a steady flow system remains constant along a streamline, and is equal to the sum of its potential, kinetic, and pressure energies.

2. How is pressure related to energy in the governing equation?

In the Bernoulli's equation, pressure is included as one of the components of the total energy of a fluid. As the fluid moves through a system, changes in pressure can result in changes in the total energy of the fluid.

3. What is the significance of the energy governing equation in terms of pressure?

The energy governing equation in terms of pressure is significant because it helps to understand the behavior of fluids in a system and how changes in pressure can affect the total energy of the fluid. It is also used in many engineering applications, such as designing fluid flow systems.

4. Can the energy governing equation in terms of pressure be applied to all fluids?

The Bernoulli's equation, which is the energy governing equation in terms of pressure, is applicable to incompressible fluids. This means that it can be applied to liquids, but not to gases or compressible fluids.

5. How is the energy governing equation in terms of pressure derived?

The energy governing equation in terms of pressure is derived from the application of the conservation of energy principle to a fluid in a steady flow system. It takes into account the different forms of energy that a fluid can possess and how they are affected by changes in pressure.