Navigating the World of Physics: Advice for Junior Students

In summary, junior students looking to navigate the world of physics should focus on building a strong foundation in math and critical thinking skills. They should also seek out hands-on experiences and opportunities for mentorship from experienced physicists. Additionally, staying up-to-date with current research and technologies in the field can help students stay ahead of the curve. It is also important for students to persevere through challenges and not be afraid to ask for help when needed. By following these tips, junior students can set themselves up for success in the dynamic and ever-evolving world of physics.
Dakota Christian
Hello,
I am a Junior at Old Dominion University. I transferred into ODU with an associate in " computer aided Drafting and Design Technology". So I have to take no electives and only have to take my core classes which happens to be physics, math, and some chemistry. This is why I'm considered a junior even though I've only taken calculus one based physics 1. With many physics classes ahead of me I am in search of words of wisdom, tips, tricks, and even reality checks.

[ mentor note: thread title modified ]

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!