1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Entry level College physics

1. Sep 1, 2006 #1
    I recently found out that for a graduate program I want to get into (Physical Therpay) that a sequence in physics is required. This worries me because there is no other subject that I abhor more than mathmatics. I can speak 3 languages fluently, but give me a simple math problem and I want to pull my hair out.
    For someone like me who struggled through college algebra, is this subject something i should even attempt to take.

THANKS.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2006 #2
    do you have any info on what physics classes you need to take? You will need some grasp of derivatives and integrals for just about every physics class though and some very basic grasp on vectors.

But a good physics professors should explain the relevant mathematical concepts in a entry level class.

4. Sep 1, 2006 #3
    most schools also offer a very basic physics course that only makes use of algebra and trigonometry, you could ask the department about that.

5. Sep 1, 2006 #4
    Thanks for your response.

The criteria just stated 8 semester hours of physics, one of which has a lab. I think if physics incorporates math, but actually applies it in formulas I may be ok. It is just when everything is entirely math...my brain short circuits.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?