Solving Best Rentals Car Rental Rates: Equation from Riddle

• Thread starter MrNeWBiE
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Riddle
In summary, an equation from a riddle is a mathematical expression or formula used to solve a riddle or puzzle. It is created by carefully analyzing the riddle and using mathematical concepts and operations. The purpose of an equation from a riddle is to add complexity and challenge to the riddle, and there are different types of equations used depending on the complexity of the riddle. These equations can also be applied to real-life situations, improving critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
MrNeWBiE

Homework Statement

Best Rentals charges a daily fee plus a mileage fee for renting its cars. Jack was charged 40 $ for 500 kilometers, while Kelly was charged 70 $ for 1000 kilometers. What does Best Rental charge per day and per kilometer?

The Attempt at a Solution

I want to confirm my steps if it's right ,,,,

x+500y=40 and x+1000y=70

by using the system of the equations i will get the answer

am I right ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks OK to me.

1. What is an equation from a riddle?

An equation from a riddle is a mathematical expression or formula that is used to solve a riddle or puzzle. It usually involves using numbers, symbols, and operations to find a specific solution or answer to the riddle.

2. How do you create an equation from a riddle?

To create an equation from a riddle, you first need to carefully read and analyze the riddle to understand what it is asking. Then, you can use mathematical concepts and operations to translate the riddle into an equation. It may require some trial and error to find the correct equation that solves the riddle.

3. What is the purpose of an equation from a riddle?

The purpose of an equation from a riddle is to provide a mathematical representation of a riddle or puzzle that can be solved using logic and mathematical reasoning. It adds an extra layer of complexity and challenge to the riddle, making it more engaging and stimulating for the solver.

4. Are there different types of equations used in riddles?

Yes, there are different types of equations used in riddles. Some may involve simple arithmetic operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, while others may require more advanced concepts like algebra, geometry, or calculus. The type of equation used depends on the complexity and nature of the riddle.

5. Can equations from riddles be used in real-life situations?

Yes, equations from riddles can definitely be applied to real-life situations. Many of the mathematical concepts and operations used in riddles have practical applications in various fields such as engineering, finance, and science. Solving riddles with equations can also improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are valuable in everyday life.