Need some books? Take these off my hands!

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary: I'll offer $15 for all of...whatever you have. I have a few older books that I no longer need, but I don't think I'll be able to come up with $15.
Cyrus
Everything must go!

***Thermodynamics***

• [*][1] Introduction to Thermodynamics: Classical and Statistical. Sonntag & Van Wylen 1971.
  • [2] Thermodynamics Lewis and Randall, 1923
  • [3] Engineering Thermodynamics Ebaugh, 1937

[*][4] Fundamentals of Engineering Theromodynamics Morgan & Shapiro 2000.

***Controls Solutions Manual****

• [5] Control Systems Solutions Manual, Naresh K. Sinha 1986.
***Statics/Strength of Materials

• [6] Statics and Strength of Materials. Trathen, 1959.

**Fluid Mechanics****

• [*][7] Introduction to fluid mechanics. Fox & McDonald 1985.

***Engineering Drawing***

• [8] Engineering Design Graphics Earle, 1977.

***Physics****

• [*][9] College Physics Serway, Faughn: 1992.
  • [10] College Physics Wilson, 1994.

***Criminology****

• [11] Criminology Today. Schmalleger, 2006.
  • [12] Criminology Glick, 2004.

Any strike your fancy?

Clearing out the shelf of books I have but don't read, or never read. Got some of them for free or at the used book store for a few bucks. Now I am offloading all of them. Either to the used book store or to the school library if anyone wants to take them. Quite a pile of crap.

Red: GONE!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Cyrus said:
...Quite a pile of crap.

Well if you think they are a pile of crap why should we be none the wiser :P

Cyrus, some of those books are quite good! Especially the thermodynamics books and the Fox & McDonald Fluid mech book.

I try to keep my old books for as long as possible. You'll never know when they maybe useful.

Cyrus said:
***Thermodynamics***

• [1] Introduction to Thermodynamics: Classical and Statistical. Sonntag & Van Wylen 1971.
  • [4] Fundamentals of Engineering Theromodynamics Morgan & Shapiro 2000.

**Fluid Mechanics****

• [7] Introduction to fluid mechanics. Fox & McDonald 1985.

***Physics****

• [9] College Physics Serway, Faughn: 1992.

Any strike your fancy?
Yes, those in the quotes do. But I'm not going to drive to MD (around 7 hrs). Any idea what it might cost to ship those to the Boston area?

**Fluid Mechanics****
[7] Introduction to fluid mechanics. Fox & McDonald 1985.

***Engineering Drawing***
[8] Engineering Design Graphics Earle, 1977.

I used both those books during my undergrad program, but my Fox & McDonald is from the mid 70's. :biggrin:

My heat transfer course (MechE) used Incropera & De Witt (1981) and FredGarvin kindly sent me the more recent version.

I'd keep the Moran and Shapiro. You will need some books for your professional references when you get your own cubicle in the world.

Will all the busybodies (thinking of) advising cyrus to please keep his books please go read some other threads? Thank you. :tongue2:

Gokul43201 said:
Will all the busybodies (thinking of) advising cyrus to please keep his books please go read some other threads? Thank you. :tongue2:
I'm not interested in reading advice about girl problems. :rofl: :biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Yes, those in the quotes do. But I'm not going to drive to MD (around 7 hrs). Any idea what it might cost to ship those to the Boston area?

If you want it I'll ship it to you Gokul.

Cyrus said:
If you want it I'll ship it to you Gokul.
I do. More by PM.

FredGarvin said:
I'd keep the Moran and Shapiro. You will need some books for your professional references when you get your own cubicle in the world.

Keeping the stuff I actually used in my classes or read though, :wink:
Plus I need more shelf room, as santa is going to buy me some more books. :wink:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3949/pict0361ye2.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2509/pict0362zl5.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7531/pict0363cp1.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3796/pict0364un1.jpg

Plus I have two other books in my office at school at the moment too.

Try to take these books and I'll cut your grubby paws off!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice book collection Cyrus. I must say I'm impressed. Were they all necessary for class, or did you just pick up some for the sheer joy of reading up?

SticksandStones said:
Nice book collection Cyrus. I must say I'm impressed. Were they all necessary for class, or did you just pick up some for the sheer joy of reading up?

Just classwork. (except for umm... 20 of them). So quite a bit I just 'have'!

They are mostly doubles of a subject. I.e. 3 calclus books. extra statics books. etc.

i don't know how you do it. I've got a serious book fetish and just can't throw anything away. rare exceptions might be some outdated computer books.

It's called being a packrat. I'm the same way. I have 2 C++ books that I haven't looked at in years. Any time I need some help I just go online for the information. But I still keep them around. Same with my 1st year Calculus book, my first year physics book, some C# book I bought, what the hell is that good for?

I think I'll throw them out. I doubt anyone would want to buy something so outdated.

yes, i am a packrat. it was only a few years ago i relented and threw out all my 5-1/4" floppy disk collection and the gateway 2000 monster tower that fed on them.

Our bookstore buys back books for $3 a book.

I'll offer $15 for all of them.

What types of books are available?

The types of books available may vary, but they can include fiction, non-fiction, textbooks, children's books, and more.

Are the books in good condition?

The condition of the books may vary, but they are generally in good condition. Some may have minor wear and tear, but they are still readable and usable.

How many books can I take?

You can take as many books as you want, but please only take what you will actually read and use. This will help ensure that others can also benefit from the available books.

Can I donate books to add to the collection?

Yes, you are welcome to donate books to add to the collection. Please make sure they are in good condition and appropriate for others to read and use.

Where can I find these books?

You can find these books at [location], [date and time]. Please bring your own bag or box to carry the books. Thank you!