Exact Value of 6561(1/ln(9)) Using Logarithmic Form

• Thread starter imull
  • Start date
In summary, the task is to find the exact value of the expression 6561(1/ln(9)), which can be simplified to a more compact form. The suggestion is to factor 6561 to make the problem easier to solve.
imull

Homework Statement

Find the exact value of the expression: 6561(1/ln(9))

Homework Equations

logax=(1/ln(a))(ln(x))

The Attempt at a Solution

I thought that I would start it by putting the expression into logarithmic form: log6561x=1/(ln(9)). I am not sure where to go from here though.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try a different base.

Such as?

imull said:
Such as?

You already have an exact value. It's just what's printed there. You can express it in other ways that don't look terribly much simpler. I suspect that the log in the exponent might be intended to be a different base. Is that the exact problem? Try factoring 6561 to see why I might think so.

Last edited:
Dick said:
You already have an exact value. It's just what's printed there.
Exactly.

You can express it in other ways that don't look terribly much simpler.
It can be expressed in a much more compact form than 6561(1/ln 9).

Try factoring 6561 to see why I might think so.
That's a very good suggestion.

Thank you both very much. I'll work on it.

1. How do you solve for x in the equation 6561(1/ln(9))?

To solve for x in this equation, we first need to isolate the variable on one side of the equation. We can do this by dividing both sides by 6561, which will cancel out the coefficient on the left side. This leaves us with x = 1/ln(9). To further simplify, we can use the inverse of the natural log function, e^x, to cancel out the ln(9) on the right side. This gives us a final solution of x = e^(1/ln(9)).

2. Can this equation be solved without a calculator?

Yes, this equation can be solved without a calculator. As long as we understand the properties of logarithms and their inverses, we can manipulate the equation to solve for x by hand.

3. What is the significance of the number 6561 in this equation?

The number 6561 is significant because it is a perfect power of 9, which means it can be written as 9^4. This allows us to simplify the equation to 9^4(1/ln(9)), making it easier to solve.

4. Are there any restrictions on the possible values of x in this equation?

Yes, there are restrictions on the values of x in this equation. Since we are using the natural logarithm, which is only defined for positive numbers, x must be greater than 0 in order for the equation to make sense.

5. Can this equation be solved for a different base instead of 9?

Yes, this equation can be solved for a different base. The process for solving would be the same, but the final answer would involve the inverse function of the chosen base instead of ln(9).