Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Exothermic Reactions

1. Sep 1, 2008 #1

Can any one tel me... some Exothermic Liquid reactions to carry out experiments for my project work....
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

What about H+ + OH-.
  4. Sep 1, 2008 #3
    hi.. Thank u for your reply...
    im looking for some organic liquid-liquid reactions ... u have any idea ..???

please let me know...

Thank u

5. Sep 1, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Do you need it to be non-aqueous , for instance could you deal with organic aqueous solutions i.e. organic compound dissolved in water?
  6. Sep 2, 2008 #5
    It can be non aqueous or aqueous .... can u please name them .... i want some specific examples.... plzzz let me know...

Thanking you

7. Sep 2, 2008 #6

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Honestly this is your research. The topic of organic acid base reactions should be relevant to what you want.
  8. Sep 2, 2008 #7
    Yeh... ur rite... im a research student.. but im a chemical engineering student ... so i dont know much of the chemistry... i have been searching from 2 months but could not able to find out.. plzz help me in this regard... some reactions can u suggest me so that i can proceed further in my project ...

hope u will do some favor ....

9. Sep 3, 2008 #8

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm sure that there are more popular ones out there, but here's one

citric acid with sodium ethanoate

The calculations won't be so simple with this one

If possible you can substitute the ethanoate with sodium hydroxide , that would simplify things and the exothermicity may be more observable.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?